Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Ipad and mapping

Go down 
+4
mattlynch
nickburt
Mark Avo
Series team
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:51 am

Hi all you techno wizz kids,

I see that some of you last year had maps on your Ipad. How is it you do this without being connected to a 3G or wifi?

Regards

Ross
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:45 am

Magic, smoke and mirrors.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:29 am

Download the appropriate app, then load the maps.  As long as your Ipad has GPS it'll work.

Garmin Western Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks oh wise ones. I don't have GPS on my IPad  Sad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyThu May 08, 2014 4:23 am

Series team wrote:
Thanks oh wise ones. I don't have GPS on my IPad  Sad 

That'll be why then .....
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
mattlynch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
mattlynch

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

My iPad doesn't have GPS either, however I have an external GPS connected with bluetooth:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-XGPS150E-Bluetooth-GPS-Receiver/dp/B00D84PG5Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399634724&sr=8-3&keywords=dual+gps+receiver

Apparently initially developed for pilots of small planes and supposedly more accurate than Apples GPS.

The mapping apps I have used for the last 2 years have been 'Nav Free' for the various countries. Generally worked OK can get gliches at the border regions.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Don't worry about GPS, just follow the rally member in front - he'll probably be lost too!  clown clown
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:38 am

mattlynch wrote:

The mapping apps I have used for the last 2 years have been 'Nav Free' for the various countries. Generally worked OK can get gliches at the border regions.

I use navfree over here but couldnt work out how to get more than one country for free?
Is there a trick im missing?

By the time youve bought a gps, wouldnt it be easier to get a proper andriod tab with gps and junk the apple thing?
Back to top Go down
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Old skool - maps and compass. Must learn how to use them! No wonder I keep getting lost.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:01 am

Maps? Maps? That's why you've got Tulips  clown Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:12 am

I know but keeping the water in vase is difficult and they wilt
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:16 am

That's all part of the challenge!  clown 
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:04 pm

No need for any of that sort of thing.  Shocked 
With Skytag fitted all you do is phone Keith and ask "Are we there yet?" Twisted Evil  and he will give you directions! After all if big brother is there why not use him? cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:36 pm

I see someone hadn't read the memo.
when competitors ask a question we have to answer yes or no depending on the day regardless of the actual correct answer.

It's fairer that way and far more fun for us poor struggling overworked marshals
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:29 pm

"us poor struggling overworked marshals"  Evil or Very Mad  I am sorry M'Lord but the use of the words "poor", "struggling" and "overworked" in conjunction with the word "marshals" is just a misnomer. What a Face 
Sitting in deckchairs and loungers eating pork pies and supping vast quantities of beer  Guinness  and port  Drunk  Drunk  or other strong drink while sunning themselves  Sleep  is more nearer the mark.  farao 
This of course does no include the most wonderful most gracious, handsome, kind, caring and benign great leader of the rally  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail  Hail 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Oh dear.
I feel someone may have misjudged the placement of his primary organ of taste.

They only make up the scores, we make up the challenges
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ipad and mapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipad and mapping   Ipad and mapping Empty

Back to top Go down

Ipad and mapping
Page 1 of 1