Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

over coming the difficulties

Go down 
+9
Sandy
nickburt
Minnehaha1
evo4x4
tonic
Mark Avo
El_Hair
Series team
titan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

over coming the difficulties - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 am

Mark Avo wrote:
Just noticed a potential problem. Your cb looks like a uk40 channel unit.
Normally the rally uses uk band in uk then switches to eu band when over the water. Unless it has been modified your cb wont have the eu band.

Best check with hq that nothing's changed but if its the same as last year you wont be able to speak to anyone.

Isn't using UK channels illegal in most EU countries anyway?

Mark Avo wrote:

Note for Organisers: apologies if this could be considered helpful. I promise i wont do it again. Please dont sack me.

Even less pies for Z6  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 am

nickburt wrote:

Isn't using UK channels illegal in most EU countries anyway?

Yes
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 am

ok first plastic box is still there, its just been painted with loadbed pain and drilled and has some rubber mat applied to give it a bit more protection lol so you all get a bit of what you wont.

thanks for the compliments, keith is there any chance you can post me a rough size guide of the door numbers to make sure we will have enough space before i paint them up lol.

ref the cb i thought most covered the bands if not ill have a look and see if i can pick up a model that will work. i havnt fitted yet as i need to work out the earth plain cause the body is plastic so i'm gonna have to fake it lol
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 am

titan wrote:
.......................i havnt fitted yet as i need to work out the earth plain cause the body is plastic so i'm gonna have to fake it lol  

Artificial ground plane.

titan wrote:

ref the cb i thought most covered the bands if not ill have a look and see if i can pick up a model that will work. .................

Details of what CB frequencies etc... here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 am

If you weld a tab for the aerial mount to the top of the cage it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 am

nickburt wrote:
titan wrote:
.......................i havnt fitted yet as i need to work out the earth plain cause the body is plastic so i'm gonna have to fake it lol  

Artificial ground plane.

titan wrote:

ref the cb i thought most covered the bands if not ill have a look and see if i can pick up a model that will work. .................

Details of what CB frequencies etc... here.

cheers nick but its one thing i got in check i'm a "in a manner" comms engineer just don't work cb's in my line but do work HF lol

think ill go with this one
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cbs/tti-tcb-550.html

Mark Avo wrote:
If you weld a tab for the aerial mount to the top of the cage it should be fine.

cant mount it on the cage it would make it far to high. where it is it can be R4 to the rear subframe so should work ok as a counter poise
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 am

The tti is the unit i normally recommend. Has come out well in my tests against much more expensive stuff.

Dont see what you mean about the aerial being to high. It should be as high as poss and the top of he cage is perfect?
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:42 am

Mark Avo wrote:
The tti is the unit i normally recommend. Has come out well in my tests against much more expensive stuff.

Dont see what you mean about the aerial being to high. It should be as high as poss and the top of he cage is perfect?

we are already at 73" so with a 6ft antenna would be around 12ft lol unless i went small antenna, smaller antenna means less range (0.9 = 1/8 of wave length 1.5 = 1/4 of wave length which is better). also when it come to propagation height isn't always better, cb works the higher end of HF which proffered travel is ground wave (LOS which contours the ground) although it can produce other means like sky wave and space. when i played with the l200 i had a much better result on the back corner of the bed than on the roof. its hit and miss and the cage would seem like a good place but until i play i wont decide. most of the yanks run theirs from the rear of the bed and it seems the best location from them. if the top is the best place then ill fix it to the roof and see how it goes may be change to a smaller antenna.

the other problem is its easyer to get ripped off at the base if its up on the roof, whereas on the bed the base will take less of a knock.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Shane - No probs re the decals. Door decals sizes are at; http://www.h4hrallyforum.com/t1830-space-required-on-front-doors-for-event-identification-please-read

Mark - Sacking is under consideration.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
MightyLewis12
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm

I cant wait to see you on day 1 Shane! Looks exciting!
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:08 am

Koocking fine Shane see you in June.
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

over coming the difficulties
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4