Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

over coming the difficulties

Go down 
+9
Sandy
nickburt
Minnehaha1
evo4x4
tonic
Mark Avo
El_Hair
Series team
titan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

over coming the difficulties Empty
PostSubject: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:00 am

well for though that haven't seen our vehicle of choice here is a picture it give a good size indication hahahaha

(clue its the one on the left Laughing Laughing Laughing )

over coming the difficulties SAM_0886_zpsd1f2c038

so there is a few little difficulties we will need to over come to have it ready for the rally, to name a few would be doors, roof (ordered) winch (got just need an adapter plate) spare wheels and how to fit stuff on (we only have 300lb to play with lol) but among all of these is there is the issue of talking on the move. normally not an issue but on this it can become exhausting shouting at each other all the time so our first mod to be fitted is this.

over coming the difficulties Download_20131119_193019_zps4c815175

its a WRC approved Peltor system with bell helmets. it gives us sound reducing insulation and built in ear pieces and mics, individual volume control and can be linked up to phones, hamm radios and hopefully the CB (still to come) hahaha. this can also be linked through to work with other hands free system when the rally is over so can be used with other quad riders. we gave it a 20 mile test run at the weekend and it work amazingly well so very happy.

also got the trippy and gps sorted and had a look at storage and fuel carriage, this is going to be so much fun, more to follow.

we are working on a "it only goes if we need it" bases till we see whats what so any ideas or what we will and wont need let me know hahaha
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 am

I have just one question where are you gonna stick your number? Rally regs says on the door lol! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:26 am

we are buying a door kit for it, they come as a straight bolt on so by the event we will have some sort of doors
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 am

Very nice love it
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm not entirely sure "madness" is the right adjective. Still, it's arguable whether some of the rest of the teams (us included) are any less mental Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmycharity.com/teamodie
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 pm

I think we are all a little on the Padded room side of sane, but then ask me again when we halfway through the rally and I'm under it greasing and checking the CVT belt again, im under no illusion that at more than one point im going to secretly say to my self " should have used the l200" hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:00 am

Good point. My mates one killed a cvt belt every time he took it out. But he was a bit evil with it
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 3:30 am

We should be fine for a few thousand on a belt ( going to have a few spare anyway) as long as we regulate throttle movement during long road sections to stop hot spots, we are also going to be fitting a fan system that will force air through the CVT system, this will help to cool the belt on longer drives but also the blows cooler air over the header and helps to stop warm air vortexing around there
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:29 am

If the weather is the same as the last couple of years, you'll get plenty of cold air blowing through ( and enough wet stuff for it to be extra water cooled)Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 am

tonic wrote:
If the weather is the same as the last couple of years, you'll get plenty of cold air blowing through ( and enough wet stuff for it to be extra water cooled)Twisted Evil 
save on shower time then Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

every cloud sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 am

And there was I, worried about which brand of porridge to take Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am

hahahaha think i might get a bag of porridge in there somewhere lol stuff it in the foot well somewhere
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

For a large donation I can find some room for your gear in my truck.Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Hahahaha noted
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 pm

"And there was I, worried about which brand of porridge to take"

Keith,
In return for a very large number of points I can supply you with some of the local product. bounce Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 am

It's a deal Peter - we'll add 10 points to your final total (so, going by previous years, that should guarantee you 20 points!!!) Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 am

so next job is to sort out my garage, i was rummaging today and found a couple of LED rear lights which i wont to fit to the top rear bar ( so all the big boy trucks can see us lol) and a few other bits that i can be getting on with. i also found these floating around and they perfect for making some bonnet pins, its more of a just in case but it not unheard of that these can lose there bonnet if the body twist, so i wont to make sure its sorted with a plate and pins so next job is get that sorted.

so much for the modification ban by the mrs hahaha she actually seems keen for it Shocked Shocked

over coming the difficulties IMG_20131122_123428_zps69d14d2e
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 am

Next job on the list and a bit recycling this will become a raised rear brake unit once I built the mount, it will sit up on the top bar also got a single unit floating around I may use if this one dosnt look right. hope it stops any big tall rigs from love rubbing us in the back lol

I'll hopefully get some Pic's up of stuff starting to go on in the coming weeks hahaha its just got to go on in order lol

over coming the difficulties IMG_20131126_181833_zpsf37d2237
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:41 am

How about one of those big flags they used to put on the back of Sinclair C5s?
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:13 am

lol flags are mandatory on ATV, can even get LED lit up flag poles so i think we will have one or too on it to help being seen
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:57 am

so digging around i found this so i can tick it off the list once i had it checked (not had it fitted to anything in years) it was in my disco but now its in the rzr lol

over coming the difficulties IMG_20131127_153713_zpsfac5cd17

oh got the light mocked up is this high enough for you guyz hahaha

over coming the difficulties IMG_20131127_144741_zps25a0182a
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:02 am

Looks all good so far.But remember, there are only two main difficulties to overcome,
The organisors & the marshalls !!Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:05 am

emmm now what to use to sweeten them up lol
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:48 am

Its the easiest thing to sort.

Port and/or pies.
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 am

Perhaps beer and porridge:twisted: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: over coming the difficulties   over coming the difficulties Empty

Back to top Go down

over coming the difficulties
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next