Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Daft fundraising question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Daft fundraising question Empty
PostSubject: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:55 am

Hi folks,

I've just notice that the total value of a shop in a box is the same as the cost so theres technically no profit.

So from my limited understanding when we sell something, sure H4H make something but our team total only increases with donations.

I'm probably not explaining myself very well so let me give an example:

The last time we were at Asda we took around £500 :O but sold all of a £100 Shop in a box so I took my £100 (as I fronted the box) back out and we've raised £400 and thats what we've donated for that day through bMyCharity. However H4H probably made good profit on that £100.

Surely I've got this wrong as we've actually raised £500 (less H4H's cost on the £100 box)

If anyone can explain it would be much appreciated?
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 am

The money raised on the merchandise goes to H4H and doesn't count towards your total. Crying or Very sad
We never sold any merchandise other than lapel pins, pens, wristbands (large and small) and car stickers. No great layout but enough to attract a bit of interest. The bulk of our fundraising (£35,000) came from donations. We always stood outside the store as we found that once people got inside, they were too focussed on shopping to bother to give. A bit of military music also helped...... Army
Good luck with your collecting. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:54 am

How utterly crushingly disappointing.

Yep, the lapel pins, pens and keyrings go well.

It's just it's not really a shop in a box if you buy a thing for £2 and sell it for £2. Silly me I had assumed you make a little profit which goes towards your total.

It's a lot of fuss to go to if it doesn't get added to your total. Especially when H4H insist in sending out tax disc holders and car stickers which don't sell in the least.

We might have to try outside tomorrow then and not push the merchandise so much. Atleast the weather has gotten better Smile

Well done on your fundraising. I'm guessing a lot of business donations?
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 am

The merchandising is just a hook to bring people in.
The prices are a suggested minimum donation
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 am

So I should encourage people to give up a little extra then?

We're just trying not to be too pushy.

Not rattling tines etc, just a polite good morning etc to those who look like they might be drawn in as opposed to those who are clearly trying to avoiding eye contact. We just leave them be Smile
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:41 am

Whether it's goods or donations, all the money goes to Help for Heroes, which is what we're all about. Doesn't really matter if it's via our bmycharity pages or through donations, H4H is the winner all round.
Outside the likes of Asda, the trolley tokens go well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 am

True it all ends up with the same folk which is what matters.

Yep trolley coins do go well too.

I'll have to see about suggesting to the misses that we stand outside all day tomorrow. This is going to go down worse than when I she could get up early on Friday to take the bins out for a change Smile
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:03 am

No, none at all - just a lot of days outside supermarkets - but we are retired Sleep
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Magpie wrote:

No, none at all - just a lot of days outside supermarkets - but we are retired Sleep

also hard working and tenacious!

Well we brought in nearly £400 which I should think is pretty good for a small Asda.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 am

Well done! £400 is very good cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am

Ha. I had just about given up trying to get more bookings. We have 4 other days at big supermarkets.

Sainsbury Milton Keynes have just asked what dates we are available so they can try to offer us two more Smile

Has to be said that its really very rewarding. Our first day we were quite nervous as we hadn't done this before. We set up and 10 minutes later one chap said to his little boy "They're the boys and girls who keep us free." I nearly got choked up there and then. Obviously I did fess up to the dad that we're not actually forces. He said "I know Wink "
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 am

Yes, we were very scared on our first day too but over the 2 years we've been collecting we've met some fascinating, interesting people and also heard some heartbreaking stories. It's the contact with so many different people from all walks of life that makes fundraising for H4H such a pleasant and worthwhile job.
Keep up the good work cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daft fundraising question   Daft fundraising question Empty

Back to top Go down

Daft fundraising question
Page 1 of 1