Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

How much off road?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S1hdj
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

How much off road? Empty
PostSubject: How much off road?   How much off road? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Ok here is the problem, Sad
My current insurance company Land Rover Insurance will not cover the car pay and play, their answer was your ok on green lanes and in farmers field etc, but a man made track/course will not be covered???????? this appears to be a grey area.

So the question is how much and what type of off road driving is going to be involved on the rally?

I was always under the impression that my current insurance covered off road as this is how the product was sold to me.

I have contacted Noel Dazely and once again no pay and play covered, they tell me its because of the age of car and value. so what do you guys know?, are there any insurance companies you would suggest?

The only pay and plays I have been to is Yarwell and Bala. Are pay and play site classed as a field, and what devil is a man made track/course Shocked
Whilst I'm happy to pay for any damage to the car off road out of my own pocket, I'm not happy to be in trouble for damage or injury to third parties.

regards
Simon
Back to top Go down
http://www.british-discovery.com
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

How much off road? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much off road?   How much off road? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:06 pm

most places you sign a disclaimer, and most the rules ive read say check hill tops, and down slopes for anyone else that you can hit,

Im not sure that you can get pay and play type insurance,
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

How much off road? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much off road?   How much off road? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 pm

I cannot comment on the H4H rally but.

My experiance is in off roading and providing off road courses and days out within the Special Events area of Land owned by the Forestry Commission.
NOT Pay and Play I may add.

I have to provide third party ins up to the value of £50mil.
No cover whatsoever is in place for the vehicles.
The ins is a requirement of the Forestry Commission and it only covers the greenery, Trees. Grass and any buildings withing the confines of the forest.

My own vehicle ins covers green lanes etc but again NOT pay and play sites.

As a general rule most ins companies work on a 'ROAD' definition for cover.
If ye are on a 'ROAD' by definition then ye are covered.
If ye are on a field, pay n play type areas then ye aint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

How much off road? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much off road?   How much off road? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:20 pm

think it works the same for track days! pay and plays are a business and should have public liability ins. and its their responsability if someone gets hurt!

as for vehicle damage, no one has insurance so its all good! if you damage your 4x4 and you can get it to a road, say it happened on the road or byway!lol

thats my understanding anyway!

stuart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How much off road? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much off road?   How much off road? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much off road?
Page 1 of 1