Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Hello to you all from team 23

Go down 
+6
shshelly
evo4x4
Sandy
nickburt
Wal
Lifty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lifty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lifty

Hello to you all from team 23 Empty
PostSubject: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi chaps/ chapesses, finally signed up to the forum, myself (Jamie) and my dad (Tim) will be on the rally this year. We shall be in a range rover trayback.Do any of you have any hints or tips on things to take with us apart from the obvious ( tents, sleeping bags etc) look forward to seeing you on the rally.

I will be attending the Newbury Land Rover spares day on the 7th of April, I'll be on my friends pitch rattling a bucket, if you are there come and say hello.

Jamie.

Admin: Beer and pies for the marshals Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lifty.jp@googlemail.com
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi and Welcome

Im Mark,myself and my partner Julie did last years rally and we are going to be doing next year as well Very Happy

I think the most important thing to take is a sense of humour Cool
Back to top Go down
Lifty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lifty

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Dear marshals, will humble pie be ok? Also tracked down a bottle of VAT 69.

Admin: 20 point deduction administered
Back to top Go down
Lifty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lifty

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Boo! This is not the best foot to start on, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 am

Madhouse, the to, Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 am

One of the marshals can only be revived by a bottle of Old Peculier.

Particularly if he has been subjected to showtunes over a 12 hour period.....

http://www.theakstons.co.uk/Ales/Old-Peculier/
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 am

Welcome aboard Jamie/Tim - Your truck looks ace. You will see Car 29 at Newbury- he has a stand there and can't be missed.

A Sat Nav which takes Lat/Long in decimal format and a pair of breathalyzers are compulsory kit. Otherwise commonsense and that vital sense of humour are also needed.

You will find our marshals very helpful and they are easily bribed, they will accept the bribe (if a pie or drink; both of which they will then consume) and then report you to your very kind, helpful, modest, hardworking, supportive organisers! Twisted Evil

Welcome to the Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally cheers
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 am

Worth a mention Jamie is that we are on mainland Europe with plenty of access to supermarkets, fuel etc. All 'newbies' take far too much - it's human nature. Don't get a massive tent that takes hours to put up/take down, use decent sleeping bags, airbed, a small cooker (many teams (and us) also use a 'Jet Boil' for a quick cuppa) and cooking pans/mugs. A fridge can be useful (butter, milk, beer!), soups and cereals for the first few days and sensible clothing. You can get bread, ham etc on a day to day basis (except Day 2 in France).

In addition, current planning will provide Dominos Pizza on 15th June at Portsmouth, and at Arnhem, a BBQ Sunday evening 16th June, you'll get a lunchtime feast on Sun 23rd June and a BBQ that evening - then a meal at the Awards evening - You won't go hungry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shshelly
Private
Private
shshelly

PostSubject: Hello from Team Ted   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:41 am

Just worked out how to get on here Embarassed , looking forward to meeting all very soon.
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:44 am

shshelly wrote:
Just worked out how to get on here Embarassed , looking forward to meeting all very soon.
Better late etc etc....

Ignore all comments from bitter and twisted competitors, they are very competitive and only trying to put you off. The only people you can really trust are your long suffering, kind, volunteer marshals who will be there to help before during and after the event should you need it.

Ps. See note to left re pies

<-----

Last edited by Mark Avo on Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lifty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lifty

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:46 am

Ignore the above comment, I've met him!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:48 am

Lifty wrote:

See what i mean...
And he didnt bring pies
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:26 am

Lifty wrote:

Ditto ................
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Good luck Team 23

Just remember to pack the beers last, and watch out for those kind considerate and caring organisers and their extremely useful goal posts that continually move Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:49 am

Ignore the marshals and stick with your fellow competitors - at least they will help you without any bribes cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:26 am

Bribes.-.. the cheek of if.

Its just that all the decent competitors know that the event couldn't run without marshals and so buy us a little pressie, maybe a beer or a sandwich or even just a sweet or something while passing thru a checkpoint. Its just polite for us to let them know what we like so they do t go wasting their hard earned cash on the wrong thing.
Just another example of how good we are to you 'orrible lot....
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:41 am

Mark Avo wrote:
Bribes.-.. the cheek of if.

Its just that all the decent competitors know that the event couldn't run without marshals and so buy us a little pressie, maybe a beer or a sandwich or even just a sweet or something while passing thru a checkpoint. Its just polite for us to let them know what we like so they do t go wasting their hard earned cash on the wrong thing.
Just another example of how good we are to you 'orrible lot....

Lies, lies and more lies! clown
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

I understood that this year, at each checkpoint, the marshals would be providing tea,coffee and bacon butties for each passing team, together with a quick windscreen wash...............
....... or have I been dreaming again scratch
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm

No, your are correct although i didnt know it was public knowledge.
We will also be supplementing our income by selling roses on Fridays
Back to top Go down
Lifty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lifty

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

I'll have a dozen, please can you pick the thorns off. I will have a fun size bag of haribo for each marshal but I don't want to see them eating them before tea time.

Admin: 25 points deduction for not listening to advice from caring, cheerful, helpful marshals'
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Lifty wrote:
I'll have a dozen, please can you pick the thorns off. I will have a fun size bag of haribo for each marshal but I don't want to see them eating them before tea time.

Now there,s the words of a man who wants to pick up all the extra marshals discretion bonus points that we hand out during the event.
But, in the words of Benny Hill, 'Why you no risten?' - Pies not sweeties......
Perhaps some small bite size ones for those of us watching our waistline?
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:37 am

Perhaps some small bite size ones for those of us watching our waistline?

Watching their waistlines grow I suspect!! cheers
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:29 am

Okay - which Marshal has let the cat out of the bag re the supply of coffee and biscuits we're giving out to all the entrants if the successfully find the SCs? Question Atleast no mention was made of the jelly and ice cream.

Good to see Team 23 'on board' with 'procedures' clown

Jan - Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to you all from team 23   Hello to you all from team 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello to you all from team 23
Page 1 of 1