Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Tesco

Go down 
+2
Magpie
tonic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:36 am

Ever since the successful National collection w/e, I have been trying to get more dates. Whilst shopping today, bumped into the community colleague and 'reminded' him-end result, 8 collection days between next week & end of April.Perseverance pays off and looks like Tescos are becoming more responsive to approaches cheers 
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 am

That's great news Tony - at one time they were very anti. Must be your sparkling personality  clown
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:47 am

Mega news there Tony - and a fine example of 'getting out there and doing it'.  cheers  Fund raising isn't done in an armchair or with the excuse 'I've been busy'.

I've said it many times; the rally isn't a 'jolly' across Europe - it is all about fund raising for H4H. If every crew 'does their bit' we're guaranteed to hit our target.

As for the comment re your sparkling personality - it signals to me grave concerns of the author's sanity  clown 
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:05 am

I am still being given a form and told to contact the HQ! As it is the only supermarket up here I am a bit stuffed.
"Must be your sparkling personality" I am afraid very afraid, Magpie has finally fallen off the branch.
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 am

Well first day of the current batch completed. Just me,a banner,bucket and a few wristbands. Freezing foyer, gale force cold wind blowing through but £239.84 in the kitty-so well worth it cheers

Admin:   2000 bonus points for having a go
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:27 am

Well done Tony!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Nice one Tony well done mate Hail 
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Great job there Tony. And also a MEGA thanks for picking up the baton, kindly offered by Sussex4Heroes, for Asda in Brighton. It's quite a distance for you to travel and so is massively appreciated. Neil/Michelle did well to get the booking. They'll be busy in Haywards Heath Sainsbury.  cheers 

Oh, if only all the rally crews did what you, Neil and some other crews are doing ie regularly collecting at supermarkets, we'd sail through that £200,000 target.
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:50 am

Following Tony's example, I contacted the local Tesco's (the only one) today, but once again I was told I had to contact the head office as the local store could not give me a slot! Sad 
What is going on here, the rules seems to only apply in Scotland and the north of England.  Evil or Very Mad 
I got the same reply when I went to the co-op 20 minutes later, I had to get a date from their headquarters, who still have not replyed to my THREE previous requests to collect at their stores Evil or Very Mad  
What do I do Question 
Puzzled of Caithness
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 am

Peter, my understanding is that for all Tesco stores,charity collection bookings must be made throughtheir appointed agents,who are totally unhelpful and in the past would not give any slots for H4H. However following on from the very successful official 'National' collection weekend, some local community colleagues are not following the rules and, locally giving out free slots. It would appear however that these,particularly in my case, are only for weekdays, weekends still having to be booked via the agency. I must say that since the national weekend, my local guy has been very helpful.
Suggest you get to know who your community colleague is and 'badger' them
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 am

I have every sympathy with you Peter. You are dealing with human beings - where some will be helpful and others won't stray from the rule-book.

As for writing - we've been down that road and had that same nil reply on to hundreds of letters we've sent out over the years. We no longer do that. Our advice is to visit the store, shopping mall, DIY shop etc. Speak with the Community Relations/Charity person and set out what you want to do and see if it can all be arranged locally. If 'referred' higher, get a name and phone number at HQ - and phone them. They in turn will no doubt ask for a letter - send it recorded to the named person; and if you've not got a reply after a week, phone them again.

There won't be a H4H/Tesco National w/e in 2014. There will be an H4H/Asda National w/e on 5/6July

Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:16 am

Asda collection today went well(if not somewhat cold) £495.37 to add to the pot Dance 
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 am

Yet another good day Tony - great result  bounce
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:12 am

That's brilliant Tony - and even more so in that you picked up the Asda baton from Neil otherwise the pot would have been nearly £500 less. Ace job.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 am

Following on from this, I found that Tesco do publish contact details for local community teams online.

http://www.tescoplc.com/assets/files/cms/List_of_Commuity_Champions_June_2014.pdf

I nipped in to one store this evening, and while the community champion was out, knowing her name led to me getting her direct number and a better opportunity to establish comms. Will be pursuing this approach with Asda locally too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
V8Simon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
V8Simon

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:15 am

After no response from letters I took into my local store, I sent a stern email of complaint to Tesco Head Office. Within 36 hours I had a collection date - ONLY 1 day, the Community Champion was a little 'Off' with me on the phone, maybe because she'd got a rollicking off the manager. She told me that she could only give out dates for 'free' during the month of December, any other time of the year you have to PAY for fundraising slots in the foyers. I will be taking this up with H/O - So I'll let you know the outcome. Smile

Last edited by V8Simon on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 am

Nice. I've had the run-around from mine, but put it on the back-burner for the tail end of next week to sort it as bogged down in end of year accounts. After that, gloves off, collection mode engaged!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 am

That's the first I've heard about Tescos asking for payment re a charity. Keep us posted on that Simon.
We know some Tescos stores are easier than others - some ask you to contact an out-sourcing company which coordinates the Tesco brand name/charity collections. At other stores the CC seems to have more 'flexibility'
However, if you don't ask........... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tesco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco   Tesco Empty

Back to top Go down

Tesco
Page 1 of 1