Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale

Go down 
+2
evo4x4
Dee Pacey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale Empty
PostSubject: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:14 am

Set of Limited Edition Original D-Day Maps reproduced with the kind permission of the Director of DGIA (Defence Geographic and Imagery Intelligence Agency) who are the successor of the Geographical Section of the General Staff (GSGS) the organisation responsible for the original production of these maps. They are serial numbered as original copies and were classified TOP SECRET until the day of the invasion. Produced on superb quality heavy grain art paper as per original, included are 5 maps of German positions along the Atlantic wall and associated separate legend for military map symbols. The original content of the map was collected by SOE, the SBS and the French Resistance, the information was collated by 20 top secret cleared personnel working from the 5th floor of Selfridges. A real collectors item, all proceeds for Help for Heroes. Please note price does not include postage, please email for details smileranddee@googlemail.com or visit www.teamrockape.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamrockape.co.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:42 am

Wow - very special.
Back to top Go down
Garethep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Fantastic! Just bought a set.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 am

Smiler and Dee, could you put me down for a set please.

Will order them when I return from sunnier climes!

Sandy
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Nice one Sandy, cheers matey, hope you're enjoying the jungle! See you soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 am

Dee, can you put a set aside for me please, I'll sort sending some money over to you next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 am

Nice one Nick, pm your address again and I will get them posted Smile
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 am

Dee Pacey wrote:

PM sent Laughing
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 am

Dee Pacey wrote:

Dee, do you want the money through your Eshop on your website, or to your donations page ??
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 am

For anyone wondering about these ...

THEY ARE SUPERB.

The detail and clarity is excellent. Will make a great addition to a wall collection, or just to get out and look at from time to time.

A real talking point, especially for rally entrants as there's loads of places we've been (or are going).

Dee and Chris, thanks for such a great piece of history and excellent momento to remind us what some of this is all about.
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks Nick, glad you like them, they are superb Chris and I are having a set Smile
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 am

Mmm - I see the Burt's are already trying to cheat re inside info on where we might or might not be going. Will it be the year of the Japs?

Anyway - As last year was far too simple in Normandy, yes the maps could well be handy and allow your organisers to add in a few mischief moments! (Of course, not in our nature and we are reluctant to act so cannily) clown

Thus - we've also bought a set. Just need to buy some oars now to research a couple of 'clues'. Bulb
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 am

Ha Ha, thanks Keith..... will be posting tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 am

evo4x4 wrote:
Mmm - I see the Burt's are already trying to cheat re inside info on where we might or might not be going. Will it be the year of the Japs?

Anyway - As last year was far too simple in Normandy, yes the maps could well be handy and allow your organisers to add in a few mischief moments! (Of course, not in our nature and we are reluctant to act so cannily) clown

Thus - we've also bought a set. Just need to buy some oars now to research a couple of 'clues'. Bulb

Absolutely, it's going to be the year of the Japs.

Now we have the secret maps, we'll have an edge, and once they're copied, vectored etc... I'll have them on the netbook, so they can be used with the GPSr and Satnav.

End result, with or without oars, we won't be up the creek without a paddle and maybe we'll pull a few surprises of our own clown
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Dee - Please listen very closely, I will say this only once: Postman Pierre (you will understand who I mean) has been here today. The rendezvous was good and I now have 'the package'. I will not use the word 'secret maps' in this communication. There are eyes and ears out there.

I will analyse the infomation later. The quality is tip-top; and excellent for further research and (mischief) planning!

On a serious note, I have to say they are quite amazing - 10/10 to you and Chris on this. Massively recommended to all those who will journey with us - or simply those that have an interest in the Normandy landings of June 1944.

Brilliant and mega thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 am

On Friday afternoon Chris was very privileged to have attended a talk given by an American WWII Veteran, French Resistance, OSS Operative & French Legion d'Honneur recipient - Dr Stephen J Weiss, if you are not familiar with this guy take a look at www.kcl.ac.uk - a remarkable individual who now lectures at Kings College in London - he also very kindly signed (in several capacities that he holds) 10 copies of the D-Day Invasion maps so if anyone is interested in purchasing a set - please get in touch - the images of these Maps can be seen on our website but I will be honest it doesn't really do them justice, they are printed on excellent quality paper and attention to detail is superb.

The fact that they cover the areas we are visiting on the rally makes them all the more special. AND it's for a great cause Laughing
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:47 am

Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
smiler1
Private
Private
smiler1

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 am

Sandy wrote:

Sandy

Hello Sandy, How was your trip? Looking forward to a run down on that!
We have put a set of maps aside for you as you asked, do you want to go through BMYCharity? That way H4H get gift aid : ) If you want to sort it any other way, no probs, just get in touch with Dee, she can steer you from there!
Many thanks indeed, hope you like them, I am over the moon with them : )
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:38 am

smiler1 wrote:
Sandy wrote:

Sandy

Hello Sandy, How was your trip? Looking forward to a run down on that!
We have put a set of maps aside for you as you asked, do you want to go through BMYCharity? That way H4H get gift aid : ) If you want to sort it any other way, no probs, just get in touch with Dee, she can steer you from there!
Many thanks indeed, hope you like them, I am over the moon with them : )

Nice one mate! thank you very much!

The trip was very nice, lots of 'stuff' done and 'things' achieved, all in all, a blinding trip, even on the last day when the brand spankers armoury went U/S and we almost had to resort to PE to open the door to get the weapons onto the C17 in time.....

Want me to put the cash onto your BMYCharity page now? I'll facebook you my address.

Cheers Mate.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am

Dee, Smiler,

I received my maps today, they are fantastic! Thank you very much.

Recommended to anyone.
Back to top Go down
smiler1
Private
Private
smiler1

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 am

Nice one Sandy, sorry it took a while, Military Mail is only just faster than errosion! It is free though! : ) Hope you enjoy using them mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale   D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

D-Day Invasion MAPS for Sale
Page 1 of 1