Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown

Go down 
+4
Robert
Skibum346
jjakajmr
Sandy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Empty
PostSubject: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 am

Hello All!

Just a quick update on our 95 Landrover Discovery

Had lots of fun pulling people out of ditches during the snow, and during one towing mission, my wagon was christened

SNOW PANZER

I quite like that....

Anyway, she is a 3 Door Disco, 35in BFG Mud Terrains, 4in lift, castor corrected trailing arms and radius arms and polybushed all round

QT diff guards front and rear, Superwinch Husky up front and a Safety Devices roof rack on top.

Still bits to do with her, new windscreen for one (the autoglass adverts are true!)

Might look at some better storage ideas for the back.

So, any fellow Disco people got any good ideas?
Back to top Go down
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:42 am

Sounds good!!! Got any piccys??
Back to top Go down
http://teamcobra.co.uk
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 am

Will get some on here soonest,

My profile pic is SNOWPANZER on a green laning trip over christmas

Think I was recovering a G Wagon...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 am

Haha!! Looks like you are recovering SNOWPANZE manually!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 am

Welcome aboard guys... I got a 300 tdi and am looking at getting some boxes for the back. Thinking about a two teir system with a shelf built to make it easier to get to all the boxes.

If I get anything done before you do... I'll post on it.

Skibum
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:10 am

Skibum346 wrote:
Welcome aboard guys... I got a 300 tdi and am looking at getting some boxes for the back. Thinking about a two teir system with a shelf built to make it easier to get to all the boxes.

Skibum

Skibum?
Any word on your storage boxes for the back of your wagon?

My disco is going into Challenger 4x4 at Tongham on tuesday 25 may for a bit of TLC and an MOT, good to see Paul Bass is on the rally too!

Took a trip down Water Lane south of Alton on Tuesday night, manages to rescue a Shogun and a Freelander on road tyres but in the process smashed both rear lights reversing up the lane while I pulled them out!

Good lane though, well recommended.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Hia Iain.
Are you going to put an engine in that thing or are you still going to pull it around the rally.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:43 am

Robert wrote:
Hia Iain.
Are you going to put an engine in that thing or are you still going to pull it around the rally.
Very Happy

Thing is, it saves me so much money in diesel ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:48 am

Sandy wrote:
Skibum346 wrote:

Skibum

Skibum?

My disco is going into Challenger 4x4 at Tongham on tuesday 25 may for a bit of TLC and an MOT, good to see Paul Bass is on the rally too!

Took a trip down Water Lane south of Alton on Tuesday night, manages to rescue a Shogun and a Freelander on road tyres but in the process smashed both rear lights reversing up the lane while I pulled them out!

Check out my post abut storage matey.

Skibum
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:47 am

Skibum346 wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Skibum346 wrote:

Skibum

Skibum?

Skibum

Thats huge amounts of storage! bit much for us i think, bear in mind I lived out of a bergen in Iraq for 4 months in 2003... I wouldnt know what to put in all the boxes!!!!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 am

How are the newly weds? Hope all went well Sandy.
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 am

Sandy wrote:
Skibum346 wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Skibum346 wrote:

Skibum

Skibum?

Skibum

Thats huge amounts of storage! bit much for us i think, bear in mind I lived out of a bergen in Iraq for 4 months in 2003... I wouldnt know what to put in all the boxes!!!!

Sandy.... you didn't have SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) with you in Iraq... did you...?!!!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 am

No, I was there in 03, 04, 06, 07, 08 and Gill was there in 05.

All works out!

(though we were both in Afghanistan in 07 though......)
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 am

Sandy wrote:

All works out!

Romantic!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Skibum346 wrote:
Sandy wrote:

All works out!

Romantic!

Well, thats what I keep telling Gill..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 pm

evo4x4 wrote:
How are the newly weds? Hope all went well Sandy.

Gill and I had a fantastic day thank you, the weather was lovely.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:16 am

Well,

the wagon has passed it MOT thanks to all at Challenger 4x4 (thanks Paul and Lucy)

Got some nice new X-Eng lights on the roof rack and some other bits bolted on!

Not going to do a practice pack, pack early, pack twice!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Lots of work done in the sunshine yesterday!

Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1814Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1815Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1910Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1816Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1817

Incidentally, the 'soft focus' isnt a posh effect, its my broken exercise camera!
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 am

Here thats looks rather tidy.
I do like the 'camo' effect in the foto number 4
Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1816
and whats under the cargo net on bonnet?
Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Imgp1815
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:13 am

Under the bonnet net is a piece of black foam, useful for protecting the bonnet when its got recovery straps and shackles on it and its good for using when sorting things underneath*

*Underneath Jap vehicles obviously Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:55 am

looking good, but for me its far to clean!!!! far far far to clean!!!
Back to top Go down
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:36 am

Looking good!!
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 am

snow wrote:
looking good, but for me its far to clean!!!! far far far to clean!!!

Yours will have to be clean for the start Harry, it's in the rules. Will it hold together when you wash the crud off???
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown   Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Six Stripes Three Pips and a Crown
Page 1 of 1