Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)

Go down 
+2
jjakajmr
tpb4x4
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) Empty
PostSubject: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 am

Do any of you remember the 80's classic titled '19' by Paul Hardcastle in the 80's about the Vietnam war? Well, he has decided to release a new version of this on April 19th 2010 in honour of the guys & girls in Afganistan, have a read below:

The below quote is taken from: http://www.prweb.com/releases/politicians/19/prweb3584454.htm (also click on link to see a preview of the song)

Quote :
To mark the 25th Anniversary of the 80's hit classic 19, Paul Hardcastle is to release a brand new version. This time its not just Vietnam he is talking about. Paul's new version raises questions over Afghanistan,and Iraq. Paul is again concerned with looking at the impact of war on our young men and women fighting in a far away land.

On The 19th April 2010 Paul Hardcastle will release a new version of the 80s hit classic 19. This iconic track sold over 3 million copies worldwide and highlighted the plight of the soldiers who fought in the Vietnam War. Now, 25 years on Paul has been compelled to write another Chapter.

After watching a Sky documentary on the British troops in Iraq, Paul again recognised the plight of the brave troops fighting in a foreign land; young men and women fighting in a war without clear objectives and dubious foundations.

After consulting and working with vets from Vietnam and seeing how war affects young minds long beyond the initial conflict, Hardcastle realised he wanted to once again use the medium of music to try to raise important questions about this current war.

Paul doesn't believe he has all the answers but he does believe it is fundamentally wrong to send young troops to war unprepared and ill equipped. He also believes the cost of war goes far beyond the equipment. Even though they return from the conflict, for many soldiers the fighting never stops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks Tim for finding this!!
Back to top Go down
http://teamcobra.co.uk
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 am

I think I had the cricket version too
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 am

I've still got the original 7" Shocked

And I play it from time to time Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 am

NoDo$h wrote:

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Gosh you made me blush!!!
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:34 am

Brilliant!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 am

m109a3uk wrote:
NoDo$h wrote:

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Gosh you made me blush!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)   Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic) Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Hardcastle - 19 The Vision (a new version of 80’s classic)
Page 1 of 1