Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

CBs on the rally

Go down 
+3
mattlynch
Minnehaha1
NoDo$h
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:48 am

I will be shambling about with a pile of spare bits for performing running repairs and testing on CBs during Day 1 of the rally, for those in need of a bit of ad-hoc soldering action. I will also have a couple of brand new full kits (CB/antenna/mount/cables and connectors) in case anyone decides at the last minute that they absolutely need that thing they decided they didn't want when packing the car or finds that their trusty rig has died and cannot be resurrected. 

All repairs, spares and complete kits are available in exchange for a suitable donation to the rally "pot".  Cool 

Alan

Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Alan, I might come and "borrow" on the start day. A cup of tea will be included in the "invite" Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Tea is always gratefully accepted
Back to top Go down
mattlynch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
mattlynch

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 am

Ah!!! I sense an expert in our midst!

As we are running Edie's truck this year, we needed a new rig/system.

Truck is a 90 soft top

One was duly bought and fitted prior to the Easter reunion.

Antenna was attached to roll cage with a 'p' clip and the rig attached to the bulk head between seats with its own fused permanent live power.

On the Easter reunion we could hear people well but had very little transmission distance. It was suggested that I check it with SWR meter, however that had to wait till I got home as my meter was in the Discovery!

When I finally got around to checking the SWR, I found my meter was FUBAR'd.

Again took awhile to get a replacement, now all sorted to check it this afternoon ( good last minute rally tradition).

Essentially when checked with the meter the reading for REF was up at the same level as the FWD!

After a google troubleshoot I figured it would be wise to earth the antenna, which I did but has made no difference.

Any ideas? Anything I can do in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:06 am

Have you thought about selling the 90 and buying a Mitsu?  Rolling Eyes Mad 
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:39 am

If it's heading straight to max then chances are you have a short in your antenna cabling or in the mount itself. Have you tried putting a multimeter across the core and sheath to see if it has continuity? If so you'll need to check both ends to see where there may be a short. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen some solder across both.....

Unscrew the antenna from the mount before testing, that way you can access both anode and diode on the cable.

I'll be running around with some spare antenna cables and connectors, some spare mounts, a fistful of antennae and a couple of spare rigs, plus amultimeter, an SWR meter, gas soldering iron, fuses, power cables.... you get the idea!
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Matt
dont fix it yet..
it would be a dangerous break with tradition if we weren't fixing your motor at the start
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:42 am

Mark Avo wrote:
Matt
dont fix it yet..
it would be a dangerous break with tradition if we weren't fixing your motor at the start

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:16 am

How evil can these Marshals be??  Rolling Eyes  Very evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 am

Evil?
Me!

You aint seen nothing yet.

This years going to be FUN
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:16 am

I've got a spare handheld CB im going to bring along to the start too, just incase anyone gets stuck  cheers 
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:34 am

Mark Avo wrote:
Matt
dont fix it yet..

Laughing Laughing

Oh and I've seen the light. After the rally I'm selling the L200 and buying a 2.5NA 90.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:36 am

Hijacking a post, minus 10 points.

But I must say. Those marshals are lovely blokes.
You should buy them all a pie

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 am

PIE? Whose been playing with my posts TIM...... Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CBs on the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs on the rally   CBs on the rally Empty

Back to top Go down

CBs on the rally
Page 1 of 1