Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

CBs for the rally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 am

Folks, I spent a fair bit of time helping people get their CBs up and running (and repairing them) during the 2010 rally. I'm daft enough to offer to do the same again for 2011.

Over the coming months I'll pull together various "how to" articles to get the best from your CB and I'll be at the 2011 start to help solve any immediate problems. If anyone has any CB questions in the meantime, drop me a pm.

Al
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 am

Ace there Alan and much appreciated.

I'm not a techo but one quick Q - How long is the piece of string between the two tin cans? clown

On a serious note; you guys ' gals can more than rely on Alan for his expertise. Make good use of it. sunny
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 am

This string - are you using baler twine or butchers string? scratch
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:41 am

Typical ask a techo a Q and you get a techo Q back. The string is light grey, if that helps Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:33 am

Ah, used butchers string that's been washed for re-use. About this long would be my guess.
Back to top Go down
sasontour
Private
Private
sasontour

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 am

Hi hope the apple jucie is ok?, just a few questions about CB radio's,what sort of price and what sort to buy, do they all work in UK and Europe.Will ariel come that match's radio,was goin to get one year's ago,did'nt think my boss at the time would be impressed drillin holes all over his van. And will Sue be able to use it,get's mad tuning in a radio Smile , Oh and is Convoy,Smokie and the Bandit and Big Trouble in Little China essentinal viewing.
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:33 am

New set up with aerial about £70.

Make sure you get one with European Channels as UK only are not legal in some countries.

There was a thread on her somewhere about Runcorn CB doing a deal last year. I don't know if he still is
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:17 am

Thunderpole, Runcorn and Knights (KCB) will all do a suitable setup for £70-£90. As Steve says, make sure you tell them it needs UK and EU channels (sometimes advertised as 80channel sets).

They rarely work as well as they should straight out of the box, usually needing the antenna tuning. A lot of antennas are set up for Ham 10m and CB (11m) and need tweaking to give best results on a CB.

When you order your kit, order an SWR meter and a fly lead (total under a tenner) and you'll be able to keep an eye on your antenna to see if you have any problems. I'll talk you through that bit when you've got your set.

I have on a couple of instances had people with brand new sets and antenna leads that have been badly soldered, shorting out the transmissions. If that happens and you don't spot it, you'll kill the CB stone dead (and you won't get a refund where that's happened), so give me a shout when you have your kit and I'll talk you through what you need to do.
Back to top Go down
sasontour
Private
Private
sasontour

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:50 am

ok thanks, i found Knights last night and had a quick look,[just been used to the string method], i'll have a look tonight see if i can sort something out. That's the xmas present of the kids sorted out, Daniel my son's a paramedic so i should be able to get a good one.Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CBs for the rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBs for the rally   CBs for the rally Empty

Back to top Go down

CBs for the rally
Page 1 of 1