Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Hello from The Nutts

Go down 
+8
mrsnutt
Sandy
Joliet Jake
Wal
Mark Avo
nickburt
Magpie
Nuttster
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 am

Oh, Mrs Creedy, you'll find Gill is much more of a stickler for the rules than I am, you have been warned!!!!!

Breathe a sigh of relief then that we're not going clown
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 am

Just had an email from Keith and we're now all systems go!!

We are seriously looking forward to this and meeting many of you in Easter Smile
Back to top Go down
MelanieG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 am

Hello and Welcome from Scottish Bairns,

Took part 2012 and doing it again 2013. I had never even camped before this year so was very 'green' you'll both have a great experience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am

This is good news as I havent been camping in about 20 years and Mrs Nutt never has.

We'll be sure and get plenty of practice putting up and taking down the tent
Back to top Go down
MelanieG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am

The roof tent during the rally was amazing and very comfortable we had a little tent for the wee one who is 8 he loved that! We put walkie talkies on baby mode and could hear when he woke up, Tended to be last into the campsites and last out to start with but soon got into the swing of that. we did have a few issues with gas and electricity Rolling Eyes all part of the challenge Laughing oh water through the sun roof , wet electrical gadgets, seats, ran out of diesel on the motorway etc (all in the first 2 days) ........ but guess what...... doing it again!! When we had issues we had sooooo much offers of help it was very touching. Lots of experienced campers with little bits of helpful advice when needed. You'll be well ok Very Happy

Nuttster wrote:
This is good news as I havent been camping in about 20 years and Mrs Nutt never has.

We'll be sure and get plenty of practice putting up and taking down the tent
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 am

Oh we'll need all the help we can get. A little comfort is appreciated.

Got on the phone to H4H this morning and ordered a couple of hoodies, a 6ft banner, shop in a box and a few other bits and bobs. They were very good and said they'd get it shipped ASAP.

Then I phoned the local papers. One of them wants to do a photo op for the paper on Monday. I said "Sure. Where do you want us?".

The lady replied "It's your event, where do you want the photo shoot?" I panicked and said I'd think about it and call back.

Strick a light, I had a genius idea. I got on the phone to Bletchley Park. They said they'd be happy to let us use the house or grounds for the photo op on Monday or any other day:)

I'm so chuffed. I just hope the banner and stuff turn up in time!
Back to top Go down
MelanieG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 am

Great stuff,

I did the same, waited till I had the H4H logo on the truck but the shop in a box and banner set up look great too, good luck with it all.

PS I had never done fundraising before April either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 am

There you go Dan - You're on a roll cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 am

Bit disappointed though that the local shopping centre is "booked up" into the new year according to the online "Flag days" page, and even then they only have Fridays available.

The shopping centre in MK would have been a bloody goldmine at Christmas.

I'll try to give them a call but thats a shame
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 pm

If you do get anything round mk and want a hand/extra stickered up motor/whatever, give me a shout,im just down the road a bit south of luton
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks Mark.Thats go to know the supermarkets have got to be worth a punt. The Asda should be good as you could park right outside.

We're going to see my mother in law today in Weybridge. I don't think we'll be able to park outside the Tescos and Marks but its a friendly town and most of the people are minted too.

Presumable its only worth using the car if you can get right up close so everyone can see and has to walk past?

Also we're going to sussex too (my family). I need to see if someone can get into Churchill Square in Brighton during the week to speak with their events co ordinator..
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Great to see the positive approach Dan. cheers And also a thanks to Mark for offering help. Very Happy

You've encountered exactly what we've been telling teams in that the supermarkets are always helpful but that they do get booked up early. Don't be deterred at missing the Christmas rush - the big shops are 365 days a year so dates Jan thro to June are worth booking now - DIYs, Garden Centres are also options. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 am

Ive also seen h4h stalls doing what looked like good business at boot sales, they sometimes offer free or discounted charity pitches
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

Well we went into the Bletchley Asda today to get contact details of their events organiser and they had a board up next to the nice gents from the legion (Easy, British not French) saying who was collecting on what days. Looks like next Saturday is free! I'm gonna phone them first thing Monday

I'll start to stress if we don't get the ball rolling soon ish.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am

Don't stress - it's amazing how quickly the cash comes in - people are very generous to H4H. It's an easy charity to collect for as it's close to the public's heart.
Good luck sunny
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

Heed Jan's word (on this occasion only though) people are very generous to H4H. It's an easy charity to collect for as it's close to the public's heart.

As the highest fund raisers of 2012 there is truth in her comment. Very Happy

However, any adverse remarks by Jan about your friendly, kind, caring, considerate, compassionate and helpful organisers are best ignored pirat
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am

However, any adverse remarks by Jan about your friendly, kind, caring, considerate, compassionate and helpful organisers are best ignored

Me?? Adverse remarks?? Think you've got me confused with someone else oh wise one Hail
Back to top Go down
Nuttster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 am

There is a definite pattern to some of the remarks on these forums.

If only I could work out what they are Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

Nuttster wrote:
There is a definite pattern to some of the remarks on these forums.

If only I could work out what they are Rolling Eyes

Should you ever succeed in your quest, please let me know Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from The Nutts   Hello from The Nutts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from The Nutts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Say Hello to New H4H Rally Forum Members-
Jump to: