Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

What A Blast of the last 2 weeks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
H4HJeepjunkies
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
H4HJeepjunkies

What A Blast of the last 2 weeks Empty
PostSubject: What A Blast of the last 2 weeks   What A Blast of the last 2 weeks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am

Well one & All

I can safely say I had an amazing two weeks on the Rally. Finally put some faces to the names.

Made some great friends along the way. As I like to say, "There are no such things as strangers. Only friends you haven't met yet"

I was chuffed to bits with the old girl. The Icon Jeep done good. Only one little hiccup which was easily sorted with the help of the AA guys and especially Keith, who collected our spare part for us. Thank you.

It was a bit daunting at times having the whole of the Land Rover mob glaring down on us waiting for us to falter .... lol!

But in the end it all came good. And I was shocked to finish in 5th place overall. Just think where I could have finished if I hadn't lost half a days points .. grrrr!!!!!!!

But I won't mention who was the only truck to get a 100% clear round on the trials section .... Dance

A big thank you to the organisers and marshall's for putting on a great Rally. All I need do now is work on getting a pass away from home for next years event Smile

As soon as I get round to putting up my pictures I'll drop you all the link.

And I would also like to say that every evening, I was tucked up in my tent by 9pm Tired , including the prize giving. Any pictures or videos that may arise in the near future will probably show someone who looks remarkably like me Rolling Eyes

And I would also like to add, I was most definitely not involved with drinking the Guinness draught beer dry on the Bastogne Campsite, or responsible for the Parma Violet Shots , and most most definitely not involved with the whisky shots ....

Catch up with you all soon.

Matt
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/H4HJeepjunkies
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: What A Blast of the last 2 weeks   What A Blast of the last 2 weeks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Id like to echo what Matt said:
"There are no such things as strangers. Only friends you haven't met yet"

Having done a number of similar events in the past I was amazed at how freindly & inclusive everyone was.

I'd like to thank everyone. organisers, sponsors, marshals, competitors & general hangers on for making the event one of the most memorable & enjoyable 2 weeks away i've ever had.

After a long 2 weeks Major Pete's speech brought everything back in to focus & made me proud to be a small part of a fantastic event with an amazing amount of cash raised for a very deserving cause.

Hope to See you all around the show scene soon

Mark
Back to top Go down
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

PostSubject: Re: What A Blast of the last 2 weeks   What A Blast of the last 2 weeks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 pm

It is all about the people, the ones who collect and attend the rally but also and very important are the people for whom we are raising the money.
We have had a great time and enjoyed being a part of such a great group.
BIG THANKS to Organisers and Marshals and to our fellow participants for making it so memorable.
Again thinks to the AA Teams - where would we be without you? I know - getting acquainted with LR dealerships!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What A Blast of the last 2 weeks   What A Blast of the last 2 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

What A Blast of the last 2 weeks
Page 1 of 1