Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Well there's the engine gone...

Go down 
+10
evo4x4
Wal
TeamConqueror
99claydond
nickburt
m109a3uk
muddygirl
Minnehaha
richie
KellyandGreg
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KellyandGreg
Private
Private

Well there's the engine gone... Empty
PostSubject: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 am

Afternoon all,

Odd for my first post to come 5 days before we're due to go on the rally, and 12 months after the first one we went on, but it's been something of a nightmare couple of months.

Kelly and I are supposed to be doing the rally on Saturday, but it seems that everything that could have gone wrong HAS gone wrong...

Last years beautiful Ford Explorer went to a new home and was replaced by (what should have been) a deliciously adventurous Toyota Hilux (No jokes please... you'll see why).

- Hilux Purchased
- Hilux resprayed a delightful shade of desert camouflage
- Hilux rear seat removed and replaced with a custom set of shelves and nice little swivel bracket for the laptop and other gear
- Flagpole erected on the rear

By now - the car is looking exceptionally brilliant in every way shape and form. This is where it all goes pear shaped:

- Breaks down on the way back from Wales
- Breaks down again on the way back from seeing Doc and Edie in Southport
- Head Gasket Blown
- Head Gasket Replaced
- Turbo Dead
- Turbo Sourced and Replaced

Just when you think everything should be right with the world and the damn thing should be working, and stop overheating like it's powered by Satan's breath itself, it completely collapses into a gigantic pile of rubble and the engine needs replacing.

Needless to say we're devastated. It's hard enough trying to get parts for it, let alone a new engine - and even if we did find one, getting the mountain to go to Mohammed - and get fitted - in a three day window is about as impossible as getting the Explorer to turn 360 degrees in a five metre box.

So now we have a massive problem as you can tell from my elongated rant into the electronic darkness. We've managed to get the new owner of the Ford Explorer from last year (a good friend, especially after what he's agreed to) to lend it us back for this years rally.

However, it now needs insuring, taxing and an MOT. The first two are straightfoward enough, but the third might prove a nightmare (we're hoping that somewhere on Olympus theres a sympathetic Ford owning God smiling down on us) unless it passes, otherwise we're never going to get what needs to be done done to it in time to take part.

So, from one very emotionally damaged woman... and Kelly (the stronger of our pair) I ask you to wish us luck and cross your fingers. Otherwise, we'll be joining you on a tandem bike.

Greg.
Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

Go on Greg, get it done, even I will love you when you get there Saturday, might even give you *^£")" Razz What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
Minnehaha
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 am

All the best with the car, Very Happy I will keep my dingers crosses and sacrifice someone to the old gods to bring you luck Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 am

Really feel for you Greg and Co. We'll keep EVERYTHING crossed for you. Don't give up yet - we want you at the start.

Sarah.

Where's the emoticon for a 'Hug' ??

Well there's the engine gone... Hugskisses3
Back to top Go down
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 am

As I heard somewhere else on the forum "come on Greg man up Very Happy " Drag the Explorer down to the MOT place and get its MOT done. Would be a shame for your guys not to make the event.
Looking forward to seeing you guys at the start line. Dont you dare be late you will be missed if you guys dont make it. The event is special because of characters like you guys making the rally what it is for everyone!
If I had the time I would pop up and give you a hand. But work and 2 trucks to finish puts paid to that Evil or Very Mad
See you in a few days.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 am

Good luck guys, I know you've had a trail of problems over the last few weeks, but, good will will pull through. I'm sure you'll make it. Priscilla won't let you down. Such a shame after all the work that's gone into the Toyota.

As said, you'll be badly missed if you don't make it.

All the best guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 am

Oh guys :-(

Sending a massive hug your way!

If i still had the 90 you could have taken that!

If you get really really stuck i know of a mate who has a series 3 for sale,

anything i can do just shout
Back to top Go down
TeamConqueror
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:54 am

Bad luck Greg and Kelly, We wish that there was something that we could do to help. All the best see you Saturday
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 am

And we tought we were cutting it fine

If it was not for the kindness and lots of help from other members of the rally we would not be going.

We were ready to give up,but the words of encouragement and help got us through.

Our hearts go out to you,We will keep everything crossed(even eyes)for you.

Good luck with everything and we WILL see you at the start or even the night before

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP you can and will do it
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Greg - Kelly has been updating us re all the dramas; and they've been mega. Let's hope they can be resolved.

You'll see by all the comments everyone (even us organisers Ha) are willing you to be there (not sure why Ha). We're certain you will be there - and that's an order.
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 am

Good luck guys, there is a god somewhere, just damned if I know where Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:40 am

Greg, Kelly, get your bums to that start line! I need to fiddle with your antenna....
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 am

NoDo$h wrote:
Greg, Kelly, get your bums to that start line! I need to fiddle with your antenna....

Now this sounds like a subject best kept to the top shelf Wink
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 am

I consider myself responsible for last years erection Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mattlynch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
mattlynch

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 am

Greg/Kelly
Best of luck with whatever vehicle you guys end up with as I know you will move heaven and earth to be there on Saturday.

Anything we can do just ask.

Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 am

NoDo$h wrote:
I consider myself responsible for last years erection Embarassed

Hey, Gregs erection is all mine sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 am

No, I distinctly recall giving Greg the erection last year. It was an overcast day and we cavorted under the trees as I got it up for him. Kelly and Holly also made good use of it.

Are you saying you had cause to mess with my erection?
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 am

Quote :
No, I distinctly recall giving Greg the erection last year. It was an overcast day and we cavorted under the trees as I got it up for him. Kelly and Holly also made good use of it.

Thinks may be way too much information Laughing Wink

Back to top Go down
Minnehaha
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 pm

I still have my 200Tdi discovery that I used on the 2010 rally. Very Happy It is all ready to rock and roll if you need a vehicle. Band I know all about last min disasters, so good luck Razz I will see you at the start, I am shore Party Dance
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
paul7848
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
paul7848

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:50 pm

hope it gets sorted Smile Dance Dance Landy4 Icon Landy
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 am

Just heard form Kelly, Priscilla (the Ford Exploere they used last year) has just passed it's MOT and will rolling again on this year's rally.

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:19 am

awesome!!!!!

Party
Back to top Go down
KellyandGreg
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 am

I leave you alone for 24 hours and I come back to sleaze and debauchery... I'm proud.

As Nick said, it seems the flaming mechanical demi-god that is Priscilla has indeed miraculously passed her MOT and has been deemed roadworthy for the rally!

I'd say I have no idea how, but it seems a good friend knowing a good mechanic and overpaying in cash seems to work a treat.

So, here's to Priscilla who will be joining the rally - if she makes it past Swindon I'll be impressed, but we'll certainly be there on the start line, map upside down, with the dulcit sounds of falling engine parts trailing behind us as we head off.

Can't wait to see you all. 12 months, one knackered Hilux and a resurrected Explorer later - LETS DO THIS!

PS: Will someone please inform my darling driver that you're supposed to do a booze run on the way back, we seem to have a bottle of port where the fire extinguisher should be.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 am

KellyandGreg wrote:

PS: Will someone please inform my darling driver that you're supposed to do a booze run on the way back, we seem to have a bottle of port where the fire extinguisher should be.

Good girl, a driver after my own heart What a Face
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:26 am

Served with mushrooms?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well there's the engine gone...   Well there's the engine gone... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well there's the engine gone...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next