Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery

Go down 
+3
evo4x4
99claydond
nickburt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery Empty
PostSubject: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 am

Richard's topic (Fuel on 17th June) prompted me to raise this one too.

Don't forget to advise both you credit/debit card banks etc... and mobile 'phone companies that you will be travelling across Europe (France, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg and Germany).

Most banks and 'phone service providers may terminate service if they spot unusual activety on you account.
One of mine last year would only allow notification of 3 foriegn countries at any one time and wanted me to ring them to let them know I was passing into the 4th and 5th, and then again when returning through the 1st and 2nd etc...

Also, check your vehicle insurance for overseas travel. What used to be the old "Green Card" no longer exists (hasn't for many years) and is "usually" included on most fully comprehensive policies. BUT NOT ALL (especially some specific 4x4 policies) - so check well in advance - not good to be panicing about it during the week before.

Presumably most have taken up on the AA offer for European breakdown cover, for the cost offered for the rally, this is well worth it, paying for a 2 week period of cover on most standard UK cover policies is usually very expensive - depending on who you're with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 am

Good Advice there! my insurance did not cover and got me in a right arguement a few weeks prior!
Also had a credit card stopped due to using it in frabce one day and germany the next!
All sorted with a phone call while out there but much easier to sort it out over here before you go!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 am

Good advice all round guys
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:35 am

Great advice Nick
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 am

Very sound advice, especially the AA cover!!!!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 am

What makes you say that Dave! clown
Back to top Go down
Carl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Carl

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 am

And worth getting a euro card from fairfx so as you don't get charged those dreaded bank fees every time!
Ive been using mine for nearly 2 years and accepted at most places in Europe
Back to top Go down
http://Www.fourwheeldriveclub.com
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am

1st year out didn't bother to check with my bank (Barclays) , so every time i filled up with fuel i got hit for a £5 charge,
Back to top Go down
http://www.sussex4heroes.com/
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Got it all covered. UK debit card, French debit card, mobile used to travelling.............have I missed anything out apart from the tow rope marked "For use on anything other than a Green Oval"? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery   Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery Empty

Back to top Go down

Credit/debit cards, 'phone roaming, vehicle insurance and recovery
Page 1 of 1