Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Advice from those who know

Go down 
+15
landie68rover
Magpie
Ngiri
sasontour
neil610
Dee Pacey
Sandy
NoDo$h
General Confusion
m109a3uk
evo4x4
richie
nickburt
Skibum346
Wal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Advice from those who know - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 am

Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

Yup me again Twisted Evil

Anyone know what sort of mileage i will get out of a 2.5 tdi in the disco Question
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Anywhere between 22-30 depending on the state of the engine, your driving style, the type of road & if it's auto/manual.
If it's a 300 allow 0ne rest day for the AA boys to change the head gasket.
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:34 am

Mark, I used to get between 28-32 on the motorway with my 300 TDi Defender, and that was hammering it. Slightly more slab fronted than a Disco, but you carry more weight, so I would guess 25-30 might be better to work with.
Forget Mark Avo's comment about a rest day, never blew a head gasket in excess of 100,000 miles. A turbo pipe yes, head gasket never, and I had 2 different Defenders powered with a 300. The 300 TDi is the best engine Land Rover ever produced in my humble view.........................no electronics controlling the engine to worry about either
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 am

Huh.....

300 tdi in an auto disco, loads of electrics crap mpg.... Worst engine in the whole world, let alone in a Land Rover.

Now the 200, now we're talking... proper rock solid lump

When a 300 head gasket goes, it's gone.. The 200 is polite enough to provide a 6 month visual warning in the shape of oil down the back of the engine & all over the drive
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:24 am

I must admit my 300tdi never gave me any issues at all! i soo wish i'd kept that and sold the Td5!

The Td5s should all be brought together and set alight! not a fan of my td5 at the moment i have to be honest! its wiping me out of money!

Maybe time for an engine transplant a 300tdi into the td5 body!

Either that or the td5 will be going on the market! had enough of her at present!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 am

I don't believe what I'm reading ........
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 am

Believe it Nick!

SIck to death of the Disco at the moment!

Just one thing after another! gr!
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 am

TD5 discos are easy. Just make sure you get the nut on the oil pump checked, the fuel pressure reg changed, keep the injector loom clean everything else is simple
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 am

Mark,

Do you have ramps and workshop facility at your place? im going to need this clutch out to have a look at it, im a very very basic garage mechanic but i gotta get this sorted Sad i believe my year of td5 the bolt issue had already been addressed, it was also done by the previous owner (but i may do it on my next oil change)

I could do with a hand if your able mate, i know my injector looms could do with doing (again)

The FPR i havent looked at yet, but apparently a pig of a job to do, but one well worth doing.

You are the power of all knowledge and any assistance always appreciated!

Dan

Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 am

Sorry, no ramps as i try to avoid spanner work wherever possible.
Whats up with the clutch? usual problem is the DMF.....

FPR only need doing when it's hosing fuel all over the driveway & yes, it's a pig
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 am

Buy a Mits Dan Suspect
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 am

Go for a 300 Dan. Must admit the TD5 sounds good, but that's about it, and costs a fortune if the head blows. Looks at my very empty wallet
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 am

Yea im aware of the usual DMF problems - it has been replaced with the clutch,
I might have it done again along with the rear output oil seal, and the FPR.
Its getting beyond a joke the amount of money this car is costing!
The way i feel an L200 looks appealing! should never have sold the 90 not a single issue and this disco never works! good job im not on the rally this year, not sure i'd make it! Sad
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Strange...

'er indoors has been abusing a 53 plate td5 d2 for 4 years now & apart from the FPR, a pair of bags & a set of fuel pipes it's been perfect...

Other issue with the d2 is the 2 stage fuel pump failing but ours has been ok. That was the issue that killed Griffy's D2 on the Mac 2 years back
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Thank you for all your comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:19 am

Mark had all of the above,

As well as a turbo, it has done nearly 200k on the standard set up so far, i cant really complain i suppose! onwards and upwards, maybe a D3 this year or a puma lol
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:55 am

99claydond wrote:
The way i feel an L200 looks appealing! .................

Let me know when you're ready - know of a couple of good ones up for sale, old and new shape ..... cheers
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 pm

99claydond wrote:

The way i feel an L200 looks appealing! Sad

Don't give into your "Dark side", keep it Green. We are all being told to be as green as possible these days Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:41 am

Hi again

Slight problem and not sure what to do

As you know im having the engine changed

Sent the log book off to change the details and got it back today

We sent it recorded delivery and it still took 3 weeks

Its come back still with the old engine size on and petrol

Will this matter?

As the rally is getting close im unsure as to weather i should risk sending the log book off again just incase its not back in time

Any advice ??????
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:26 pm

At his late juncture I'd keep the original Reg doc to take with you on the rally.

I suggest you copy it, then send the copy plus a (recorded delivery) letter to Swansea informing them of their mistake. Explain that you will be way from the UK in June and are keeping the original to take with you. Tell them that if they've not replaced it while you are away, that you'll send the original in after your return.

And keep copies of what you've sent in.
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:25 am

Once again THANKS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice from those who know   Advice from those who know - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice from those who know
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5