Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! Empty
PostSubject: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 am

Help for Heroes - H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE!

How to Create your Page
> Go to the website http://www.justgiving.com/helpforheroes/raisemoney
> Click on the Button "Create your page".
> Then click on 'An Organised Event'.
> Choose 'Help for Heroes - H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010', then click "Select".

A good example for a link would be something like: http://www.justgiving.com/h4hrally2010-yourteamname

You will then be asked for your e-mail address, then click "Continue using our secure server". Complete the form which follows and then click Continue. You will then be asked to select your webaddress for your fundraising page. Choose a name which identifies you as a individual or group and select "Yes" the charity has set you a fundraising target. Click on Create your page and your page is now ready to personalise.

Once you have set up your team's JustGiving Page can you PM me to let me know the link Smile Also, you could put your page link in the 'Your Team Websites/JustGiving Pages' section as well!

Photo or image
Make this personal, use a photo of yourself, avoid using the stock image if you can. If you don't want to use a picture of yourself feel free to you the image at the bottom of this post.

Target
Be ambitious but not too ambitious. We have asked you to raise £200 to take part in the H4H 4x4 Rally but there is no limit. The important thing is to fill it in so your donors see how their contribution is helping you achieve your target.

Your message
This is really important, so don’t just use the message that is supplied. Be creative and be personal. Explain your motivation in your own way, why are you doing this?

For example, ‘my brother/ son/ mother is in the army and I feel that they are risking their lives on our behalf and I want to help,... I read about this in the paper and it really touched me... so I decided to get off my sofa and onto a bike and do something really practical to support what he/she /they are doing. This will be an enormous personal challenge for me as I last sat on a bike when I was ten but I am prepared to do this to show that I support them etc’

Make it interesting and personal and stress the challenge, sense of urgency and real need to support our servicemen and women, especially the wounded. Have a look at our website and feel free to cut and paste phrases that strike a chord with you.

Donations
Try and find a rich friend to be the first donor. If the first donor bungs you £50, it sets a standard, if they give you £5 then others will follow.

Communicate
Once you have built your site, don’t just sit there and expect people to find it; they will not. You need to draw people to your site. Email everyone you know and say what you are doing; even better if you can write an handwritten letter. Use your contacts; use your business... think viral.. Ask people to tell others and spread the word.

Follow up
Once you have your site don’t relax. Send out a monthly newsletter saying how you are doing...’ I have now been training for a month and think I must be mad. I have fallen off three times but at least I can now get up Bastard Hill and next month I hope to be able to indicate right turns without falling off.... I must be mad but its worth it and you can make me feel better when I fall of by donating to this great cause...’

Update
Use your site to update with your progress and thoughts. People have been known to donate more than once..

Email signature
Put a simple message and link on every email you send out saying what you are doing and saying please sponsor me..

Make it personal
This is you and this is your site so make it personal and have fun. This is a big challenge and a great cause. You will be riding alongside guys who have lost their legs and in at least two cases, their sight. They want to do it, you want to do it and we want everyone to know why you are doing it so make it passionate and creative, fun and appealing..... Over to you and good luck!

Feel free to use this image on your JustGiving Team Page:
(To save this image right-click and select 'Save As..')

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! H4h_rally_butt

Last edited by tpb4x4 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 am

Quote :
If you really don’t want a photo of yourself in Lycra then feel free to import Bryn’s biking Hero bear cartoon.

Quote :
Be ambitious but not too ambitious. You have to raise £2000 to do the ride but there is no limit

that confused the fook out of me, I had to check if my disco had pedals Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 am

My bad Embarassed I have now amended it to read:

Quote :
Make this personal, use a photo of yourself, avoid using the stock image if you can.
&
Quote :
Be ambitious but not too ambitious. We have asked you to raise £200 to take part in the H4H 4x4 Rally but there is no limit. The important thing is to fill it in so your donors see how their contribution is helping you achieve your target.
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:05 am

UPDATED my first post to include an H4H 4x4 Rally image that you can use if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now! Empty

Back to top Go down

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2010 JustGiving page NOW LIVE! - Set your page up now!
Page 1 of 1