Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011 Bmycharity Group Page NOW LIVE!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011 Bmycharity Group Page NOW LIVE! Empty
PostSubject: H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011 Bmycharity Group Page NOW LIVE!   H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011 Bmycharity Group Page NOW LIVE! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:29 am

Once you have received your acceptance email to the Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally 2011, you can now go about setting up you own personal Bmycharity Fundraising Page.

For the 2011 event we are asking all teams to set up a secure online donation page via BmyCharity. This facility is now owned by Help for Heroes, incurs no commission charges and allows ALL funds raised to go direct to H4H. This online mechanism also allows the charity to claim a further 28% ‘Gift Aid’ from the government.

How to set up your online H4H 4x4 Rally donation page:

• Scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it states: ‘Click here if you would like to add a fundraising page to this group’, this will allow you to set up your BmyCharity Account
  • Once your account has been set up, select ‘H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011’ from the drop down list, then click on ‘Create Event’
  • After you have finished creating your page make a note of the link (Your link will also appear on the homepage of the 'H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011' Group page). You then can add your own comments and other information and send the link to your friends, families, colleagues and other potential benefactors and sponsors

Your message
This is really important, so don’t just use the message that is supplied. Be creative and be personal. Explain your motivation in your own way, why are you doing this?

For example, ‘my brother/ son/ mother is in the army and I feel that they are risking their lives on our behalf and I want to help,... I read about this in the paper and it really touched me... so I decided to get off my sofa and onto a bike and do something really practical to support what he/she /they are doing. This will be an enormous personal challenge for me as I last sat on a bike when I was ten but I am prepared to do this to show that I support them etc’

Make it interesting and personal and stress the challenge, sense of urgency and real need to support our servicemen and women, especially the wounded. Have a look at our website and feel free to cut and paste phrases that strike a chord with you.

Donations
Try and find a rich friend to be the first donor. If the first donor bungs you £50, it sets a standard, if they give you £5 then others will follow.

Communicate
Once you have built your site, don’t just sit there and expect people to find it; they will not. You need to draw people to your site. Email everyone you know and say what you are doing; even better if you can write an handwritten letter. Use your contacts; use your business... think viral.. Ask people to tell others and spread the word.

Update
Use your site to update with your progress and thoughts. People have been known to donate more than once..

Email signature
Put a simple message and link on every email you send out saying what you are doing and saying please sponsor me..

Make it personal
This is you and this is your site so make it personal and have fun. This is a big challenge and a great cause. You will be riding alongside guys who have lost their legs and in at least two cases, their sight. They want to do it, you want to do it and we want everyone to know why you are doing it so make it passionate and creative, fun and appealing..... Over to you and good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk

H4H 4x4 European Rally 2011 Bmycharity Group Page NOW LIVE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PREVIOUS H4H 4X4 EUROPEAN RALLIES :: Team Websites/Fundraising Pages from Previous H4H 4x4 Rallies-
Jump to: