Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Message to organisers

Go down 
+2
BOFA Bill
tonic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Message to organisers Empty
PostSubject: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:18 am

Suggest you activate reserve list as going to be a few drop outs after todays news.There will be no Icon Toyota taking part but plus side is more Icon Landy
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Aye bad news reet enough.
Shame tho as I guess they were looking forward to giving us a laugh on the rally.

Sadly missed

clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Am I missing something here????
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 am

Toyota Recall To Affect 1.8m Cars In Europe
2:58pm UK, Thursday January 28, 2010

Hazel Tyldesley, Sky News Online

Toyota has announced it will recall up to 1.8 million cars in Europe over a potential problem with sticking accelerator pedals.

Toyota says it does not yet know how many vehicles in Europe will be recalled

In a statement, Toyota said: "The precise number of involved units is still under investigation but may reach up to 1.8 million vehicles."

The models involved are the AYGO, iQ, Yaris, Auris, Corolla, Verso, Avensis and RAV4 all 4x4 vehicles series, covering a variety of periods going back to February 2005.

"We understand that the current situation is creating concerns and we deeply regret it, we know a number of vehicles have entered the H4H Rally 2010 requiring us to act quickly. Land Rover seems to be 'THE' way forward" said Tadashi Arashima, president and chief executive of Toyota Europe.
Basclly the car in front is no longer a Toyota.

Toyota said there was a possibility that "certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position".

Worried drivers in the UK were advised they would be contacted by Toyota directly if they needed to bring in their vehicles, and in the meantime they can call Toyota GB Customer Relations on 0800 138 8744.

Over three million vehicles in the US have already been recalled due to safety fears associated with the problem, and the Japanese carmaker has suspended sales of eight of its models.

The scale of the fix for potentially dangerous accelerator pedals could land the Japanese carmaker with hundreds of millions of dollars in extra costs per month.
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:10 am

They were only ever in front because they needed to be pushed lol!
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 am

haha nice one

Icon Landy
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:11 am

One of the guys at RockznRutz has a sticker on his dented Bull-Bar which reads

"The car in Front Used to be a Toyota"
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:24 am

Steve - You noticed I didn't take the bait (Bill was with Tonic last night - so I can always expect a wind-up). bom
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:20 pm

If the accelerator pedal stuck im my truck i wouldn't even notice! so bloody slow! lol!
Icon Toyota
but fortunatly hiluxs arn't on the list of affected vehicles!
so we'll see who's infront! Icon Toyota
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Quote :
If the accelerator pedal stuck im my truck i wouldn't even notice! so bloody slow!

hahaha.....ye sure ye no got a Landy?
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:15 pm

have landies got a pedal? i thought they rust off and reduce the driver to using a wire running directy from the engine?!lol

i guess toyota are big enough to admit they made a mistake! 1.8m is alot of cars to recall!

imagin if landrover decided to recall faulty units!!!! wouldn't that be all of them?

stuart
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am

sycopaff wrote:

so we'll see who's infront stuck in the mud!!!! Icon Toyota

you missed out some words there, you forgot to mention you'd be stuck in the mud, in the way
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 am

lol! very nice! my fingers must have slipped! I have no doubt that my truck will not perform as well as a landy offroad! My new LSD will help and will be putting diff breathers in(you never know where these 'organisers' are taking us) but im sure you'll be there to pull me out, with a face like Laughing ! and when you break down i'll be there to mock! lol!

stuart
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 am

sycopaff wrote:
have landies got a pedal? i thought they rust off and reduce the driver to using a wire running directy from the engine?!lol

When the pedal rusts off, the floor usually goes with it, so they have to work them like Fred Flintstone Laughing I've heard that they actually work better like that!!!!

Don't you worry about your Hilux off-road. We had one with us in the peaks last February in a couple of feet of snow. Performed admirably. The only one we had to tow out that day was a Landy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message to organisers   Message to organisers Empty

Back to top Go down

Message to organisers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: