Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Be aware.Another scam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Be aware.Another scam Empty
PostSubject: Be aware.Another scam   Be aware.Another scam EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 am

Phone rang this afternoon
“ Hello, I am from Microsoft technical dept. We have detected activity on your computer that makes it insecure and vulnerable to fraud.We need you to switch it on and open windows” “OK…. I’ve done that” “tell me what you can see” “ The river, some boats, ducks and a swan” “Sorry, don’t understand” “Well I’m looking out of the window you asked me to open, so why don’t we stop wasting each others time , you scamming b…..d” and put phone down.

An hour or so later, phone rang again. Same opening gambit.
“ so tell me, how do I know you’re genuine?” “I’ll give you my phone number so you can ring me back”
“OK so tell me, does Microsoft own Linux ‘ cos that’s what I run, not windows” “Oh sorry, my mistake”
“So let’s cut the crap, you are a scammer and I ain’t going to tell you anything. In fact I’m going to report this to the police”
“yes it is a scam but your police can’t do anything, I’m not in your country” “ Yes but my telephone company can still trace this withheld number and we can pass it to the police in your country, wherever that may be””You’ll never trace us and we can use lots of numbers, so have a good day and ring your police”

Not had any more calls since
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Be aware.Another scam   Be aware.Another scam EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Sadly, the modern world!  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: Be aware.Another scam   Be aware.Another scam EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:38 am

The one I use is to say OK let me turn it on go away for ten to fifteen minutes and make a cup of tea, come back and say right it's on what do I do now? Do the same thing as before and usually by the time I get back they are gone and no more calls. Twisted Evil  It works for most cold callers use the pen and paper then the pen wont write need another one  Rolling Eyes if they are still on after that ask them to spell everything. I have never had one stay on longer than that. Dance 
If you have caller ID just act like you are a take way/restaurant that is also good for a laugh. Party 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Be aware.Another scam   Be aware.Another scam EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 am

It's a shame that some people fall for stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be aware.Another scam   Be aware.Another scam Empty

Back to top Go down

Be aware.Another scam
Page 1 of 1