Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

How much have you got left to do?

Go down 
+6
nickburt
El_Hair
evo4x4
Mark Avo
Magpie
Minnehaha1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

How much have you got left to do? Empty
PostSubject: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

OK I will start this off, Twisted Evil I need to fit a new radiator, replace the electric fans with a viscus one, fit new light strip for the rear table and inside the rear of the vehicle, full oil change. What a Face 
I have done all the checks on my camping kit, tools and recovery stuff in the last couple of weeks. So I am nearly ready to go.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:22 am

Just got to buy the beer then  bounce
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 am

Its alright for you, we dont have a vehicle yet....
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:33 am

At worst Mark, we'll put you on our roof rack.  Rolling Eyes  That can only but further enhance our status as caring, helpful, sympathetic organisers.  clown 
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks, but i bought a bicycle today, so we have a backup plan.....
Back to top Go down
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:08 pm

A couple of things:

1. Uprated alternator to be fitted - due next week.

2. Split-charge to be fitted - due next week, but haven't got the second battery yet.

3. Front winch bumper - it'll look better and I'll have some specific recovery point on the front.

4. Kenlowe fan - current fan knackered so using the one straight from the crank.

5. How/where to store 1 or 2 jerry cans on roof rack - looking to have a chat with some of you at Easter about this for some ideas.

6. Raised floor in boot - just an MDF sheet to provide a raised surface and storage space below.

7. Full oil, filter and spark change - not specifically needed, but worth doing just so that I have a fresh start pre-Rally.

8. Food and booze - wondering how many haven't thought of this yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmycharity.com/teamodie
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 2:12 am

El_Hair wrote:
A couple of things:

8. Food and booze - wondering how many haven't thought of this yet?

A note from your loving marshals.

They have shops in europe.
Booze (specially Port) is usually way cheaper

Also they have restaurants. Some of them serve things other than steak and chips, i mention this as keith may not be aware of the alternatives.....
Back to top Go down
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Obviously, don't want to be taking too much food, as like you say you can buy it over there. This was more a bag or rice or pasta - but point taken, especially with respect to alcohol  drunken Pint Drunk
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 am

Notice the emphasis on food and drink Craig. Keep the marshalls/organisers happy and it's a win win situation for you! clown
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 am

Ready to rock and roll.
Non essential jobs to do, just because I want to ....

Food already being stocked - emergency stuff only, will probably make use of camp site restraunts and bars etc...

Port stock already building up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:10 am

Craig - The AA guys recommend a thorough look at all the steering and suspension. Many of the 'failures' during the event could have been prevented by such an overhaul before setting off on the rally.
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:18 am

evo4x4 wrote:
Craig - The AA guys recommend a thorough look at all the steering and suspension. Many of the 'failures' during the event could have been prevented by such an overhaul before setting off on the rally.

And brakes, definitely brakes, very very handy is a decent set of brakes...
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 am

Mark Avo wrote:
evo4x4 wrote:

Been there, done that. Total front end rebuild just done and the rear was done last year, so all new all round in the last 12 months.
Here comes the Kiss of Death - I was even contemplating taking no spares this year as it's all new  Razz Suspect 
But, then .... that's not me, always take too much and never use any of it (except the odd alternator ....). No wonder my truck weighs so flippin' much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Mark Avo wrote:
evo4x4 wrote:

Funnily enough, I'm having the brakes bled, and new nipples fitted next week too - Oooh, nipples!

Will be taking some spares: rotor arms, sparks, oil filter, brake light sender, bulbs. Probably some others too.
Back to top Go down
V8Simon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
V8Simon

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:19 am

Not too much to do, honest  Rolling Eyes 

Front & rear diff drive pinion oil seals
Transfer box rear output oil seal & handbrake shoes
Front & rear propshaft uj's & rubber donut
Front & rear springs & shocks (2" lift)
New extended brake hoses front & rear
New tyre for the spare
G/box, transfer box, engine & diff oil change
New discs & pads on the front
Fit centre diff-lock cable & lever

Then that'll be the Landy almost ready to go.

Pick up the spare parts box from my local supplier, then onto the camping gear -
New sleeping bag, a few cans of fuel for the Jetboil, then a few bits & pieces (food & drink, etc).
A few new items of clothing, boots/trainers.

New side awning fitted, thanks to Alec at Rooftents Ltd who has also very kindly lent me an RT07, a 2m x 2.5m side awning tent for when out fundraising & for the Rally. Roof rack & roof box fitted as well.

All-in-all, we're on track with the above, but it's a Land Rover, so something else will probably crop up & need sorting pronto!!  Twisted Evil 

Also had another fundraising weekend confirmed today for the 12th & 13th April.

Simon  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 am

Mmm getting very worried now. Steering box to rebuild overdrive to rebuild, new rear brakes to fit, prop shaft to fit, oils to do, filters, points and plugs, then sort the inside. My company has just told me I will be going to Seattle to work for my next few shifts. Hopefully all will come good
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 am

A suggestion; Drive to Seattle and do the work there.  clown 

Yet another piece of helpful advice from your kindly organisers.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 am

evo4x4 wrote:

Thanks for your help Keith. There are words to describe how helpful the organisers are
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 6:48 am

evo4x4 wrote:

It really would be hard to find more kind, considerate and thoughtful organisers.....  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks for your help Keith. There are words to describe how helpful the organisers are

It really would be hard to find more kind, considerate and thoughtful organisers.....

It's a pleasure; the very kind words were not needed, but are humbling and much appreciated  clown pirat 
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:06 pm

evo4x4 wrote:

It really would be hard to find more kind, considerate and thoughtful organisers.....

It's a pleasure; the very kind words were not needed, but are humbling and much appreciated  clown pirat 

Something like that  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am

Got Odie back today. Hat's off to Keith and Chris at Challenger 4x4 who've been brilliant (as usual)  Very Happy 

Alternator fitted  Smile 
T-Max split charge fitted  Smile 
Brakes bled and a couple of brake cylinders replaced - unintentional, but needed  Smile 

Very tempted with a Terrafirma tubular winch bumper (TF003) that fit quite nicely without any additional fabrication - just deciding if I can afford the price...

Just a few bits and bobs left, and that's us sorted.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 am

It's that magic word again, "Keith"  pirat 

Great that Challenger 4x4 has been so helpful - but it's not a surprise to us  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Craig where did you put your aux battery? and what type of battery did you get? I am just about to do the same on mine.
Back to top Go down
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 am

Not bought one as yet, but thinking of either an Optima Red or Yellow. Yellow is a deep cycle, but obviously more expensive. I don't think the constant drain is going to be that high, and with the travelling during the Rally the charge from the alternator should suffice, so I think I'll go for the Red.

As for location, not decided. I've taken the rear bench seats out as the seats themselves need replacing, and I don't use them anyway. I have a plan to screw a sheet of MDF in their place (sat across the wheel arches). This'll give me a flat surface, with a bit of storage space below. Idea was to put the battery on there in a box screwed to the top.

If you're at the Gathering next week I'll give you a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much have you got left to do?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next