Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Facebook killing the forums?

Go down 
+3
Magpie
richie
nickburt
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 am

A tablet is easier to use than a smart or iphone - bigger screen/keyboard letters etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:57 am

I recently read an article(biased 'cos my mate wrote it !) In the British Journal of Photography that posed the question whether iphones were 'killing off' paid professional news photography as anybody 'on the spot' with an iphone can get a shot and get it published. Why , in these circumstance should a newspaper pay for the shot .same with magazines, so many 'free ' shots out there. And in turn , this was contributing to the decline in camera sales.Equally this arguement could be extended to computer use. Will iphones ,tablets etc lead to the decline in computer sales and will eventually, the home computer as we know it disappear, to be replaced by much more mobile devices.
As for the photography aspect, last week on Tv there was a programme devoted to the news shots of the year, all were taken by members of the public using iphone type devices except for the one of Saatchi with his hands round Nigellas throat. Opportunity taken by a 'professional' passing the restaurant . He got paid £16K and it was syndicated all round the world
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 am

nickburt wrote:
A tablet is easier to use than a smart or iphone - bigger screen/keyboard letters etc...

Don't have a tablet - swallowed it when I had a headache  clown 
Manage with my iPhone ok........
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 am

Magpie wrote:
nickburt wrote:

Don't have a tablet - swallowed it when I had a headache  clown 
Manage with my iPhone ok........

lol! 
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 am

tonic wrote:
I recently read an article(biased 'cos my mate wrote it !) In the British Journal of Photography that posed the question whether iphones were 'killing off' paid professional news photography as anybody 'on the spot' with an iphone can get a shot and get it published. Why , in these circumstance should a newspaper pay for the shot .same with magazines, so many 'free ' shots out there. And in turn , this was contributing to the decline in camera sales.Equally this arguement could be extended to computer use. Will iphones ,tablets etc lead to the decline in computer sales  and will eventually, the home computer as we know it disappear, to be replaced by much more mobile devices.
As for the photography aspect, last week on Tv there was a programme devoted to the news shots of the year, all were taken by members of the public using iphone type devices except for the one of Saatchi with his hands round Nigellas throat. Opportunity taken by a 'professional' passing the restaurant . He got paid £16K and it was syndicated all round the world

There was a hot discussion in the Sates a few months ago (reported mainly on some of the photography podcasts) about a major news paper laying off many of the staff photographers because of just that. It was much easier, and cheaper, to get the general public to submit photos taken using 'phones etc... The only problem was the lack of proper (truthful) reporting that went with it. But then the editors aren't always bothered about getting all the facts right and will make up a story from just a few pictures. It back fired on them when they realised how much sales had gone down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am

I must admit that I have tried a tablet and a phone with a camera built in and did not like either. I much prefer to have a decent size screen and key board when I type.
The stuff I see on fb is not as good as the forum in fact a lot of it is rubbish. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook killing the forums?   Facebook killing the forums? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook killing the forums?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2