Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

team hooligan racer, 32

Go down 
+6
99claydond
evo4x4
Mark Avo
tonic
Magpie
titan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

team hooligan racer, 32 Empty
PostSubject: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:26 am

So we are team hooligan racer. The name comes from me as its one of the names I use on forums with my passion which is quad bikes and ATV in general, not from football I'm actually not a fan hahaha.

So I know one person in the online world as I normally run an l200, but I also come from a land rover back ground as it is what I first learnt to off road in. My personal back ground is 15years in the parachute regiment and still going. Chris my co drive is my riding partner on the quads, my go to guy when something isn't right, the tech guy and generally the brains haahaha. This is our first year and I'm so looking forward to it, having seen first hand the help provided for troops before the likes of help for hero's but also the amazing work it does for both the blokes and the family's it in matched.

Well enough about us, the important part and our tool for the job for us is a LITTLE different to most (in fact everyone). We are going to be running a Polaris RZR XP 900. So what is it well its a quad for ease of explaining except the seats are propped it has a steering wheel and pedals, it still doesn't have much in the way of a body work but it dose have a dual cylinder 900cc dohc CVT drive engine, full four,two and one wheel drive the latter is for on the road so actully work the same as a conventional car diff. The model I own is the international version so also has Electronic power steering. Its also fully road legal.

These are used in almost all big off road races such as the baja and Daka so worth a try on the H4H???

Well we will have a few demons to get over like the 300lb payload and no windows but hay all part of the fun.

So the prep all begins we got loads to do to the ATV and loads of down sizing of kit. Have been reading through for any info and if you having anything to add or useful tip for the newbies much appericated

Shane.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 am

useful tip for the newbies much appericated

Get yourselves a landy lol!
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 am

Magpie wrote:

hahahaha my landy have been long gone, figured if im gonna end up being cold,wet and no music why kid my self with doors and glass;) Wink Wink previously own a 90 3.5 hybrid and a disco 300 tdi.

Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:47 am

titan wrote:
Magpie wrote:

hahahaha my landy have been long gone, figured if im gonna end up being cold,wet and no music why kid my self with doors and glass;) Wink Wink previously own a 90 3.5 hybrid and a disco 300 tdi.

Point taken! I understand what you mean clown

Enjoy the rally whatever - it's a fabulous experience cheers
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 am

thanks for the welcome, and Im just happy to be able to take part in something worth doing.
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:08 am

Welcome and enjoy.Don't envy your choice of wheels. Much prefer 'the relative' comfort of a landy.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am

thanks for the welcome.
compared to some of our other rides (quads) this is relative comfort hahahah at least will be once the roof and doors arrive Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

It cant be any worse than the ww2 jeep that did it a couple of years back. He couldn't even use the motorways as he couldn't do more than 50.

Theres washing machines available around day 5ish so you only need 1 weeks clothes.
Food is available close by most nights

If you keep it lean and dont mind roughing it a bit you should have a blast. Literally!

Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Well we can do 70+, nothing worse than being over taken by a truck hahahaha, thanks for the advice on the washing machines that will cut down on cloths. In terms of food what do you regulars carry, is it more of snack food and then go out for a meal at night?? I plan on taking my jet boil ( bit of a brew monster) and few bits just incase. The rest will be a few spare and maintance parts. We are still running the buggy in so making a list as we go as to what spares we will need.

Chris did four days on a quad for charity and I can leave out a began so we should be good lol
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm

There's only a couple of nights that you're more than walking distance from food ( and bar if you fancy a swift one)
Brew kit essential, grab snacks on the go

Although remember i am a marshal so i could be saying this just to confuse you....
Welcome to the rally
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Sound advice thanks. I never go anywhere with out a few Scooby snacks tuck away hahaha
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

Indeed welcome aboard Shane. The vehicle starting in front of you is a Bedford MJ truck! Little and large! Ha affraid 

Given your background you'll be familiar with travelling light - and indeed the Jetboil is a well used tool on the rally. We are on mainland Europe - so there is no shortage of food shops/fuel etc - and we're due a dry (weather) rally!

Oh - worthy of mention; Mark Avo is very partial to pies! Get my drift!?? Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 am

Yeah I can pack light hahahaha a tooth brush brew kit and poncho and I'm good.

Pie now on the list hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 am

Bloody organisers and their non specific instructions.

MEAT PIES. Ideally pork, maybe game. Hot beef based pies are OK but i can't expect you to fit a warming oven in a quad.

Fruit based pies are for wussies and girls. Specially crumbles. Nasty horrid things.
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 am

Seems like pie and peas will be the order of the day and you'd be surprise how us quader have got round the hot food problem on the lanes Havana convenitly there is storage on top of the engine that work well
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 am

Pie and peas... perfect.
Finally someone who understands

Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:33 am

Hannah's must be a northern thing??
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:39 am

titan wrote:
Hannah's must be a northern thing??
Now you've blown it. Its a London thing.

Boiled beef and carrots ill have you know.

Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 am

I'm a dorest boy by birth but grow up north of Watford ( Leeds) and they do wired thing up there like pie and mushy peas and chrimbo cake with cheese hahaha
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 am

WOW!

what an amazing vehicle to do the rally in!

Still cant decide if you're awesome, or crazy!

Welcome along, loads of info on here.

We found that we over packed - on a massive scale - and we thought we went packed light!

you wearyour rally polos 99% of the time, few pairs of shorts and a pair of trousers will be my kit this year pretty much.

there's always sinks at the campsites to do a quick wash in, and you have the facility to air dry everything lol!

Jet boil is a must! be lost without it. We (danny and I) will probably cook most nights, there's always a few bbq's on the go each evening- im sure someone will let you throw a sausage on their BBQ - you're welcome over with us any time!
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am

Thank for the info, that's us a great help and thanks for the welcome. The polaris is a fun veh even in the wet hahaha we have drawn up stricked packing list we should be OK hahaha
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 pm

you will be fine im sure!

most campsites have some kind of washing facility. I can remember using washing machines on a couple of sites.

Food is readily available enroute - harder to find on the sunday as everything is closed shop wise!
We just took the opotunity to stop and top up if we saw something enroute, most hyper markets are well sign posted.

I think we'll probably eat out a few nights but BBQ most, quick, easy and good food!

Dan

Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Dan - re your comment Still can't decide if you're awesome, or crazy - there is little, or indeed, no doubt to the answer to that one. clown 
Back to top Go down
titan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
titan

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Its all in the name hahaha we are probably very much on the mental side of things but then we call that pioneering don't we ??? Hahahaha

Admin: 25 points deducted for being mental, and also extra 10 points for revealing your welsh, as, the welsh have a special gain on the rally
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:42 pm

HA!

yes i know the answer, we're all awesome, apart from the organisers - who are the crazy ones!

pig 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: team hooligan racer, 32   team hooligan racer, 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

team hooligan racer, 32
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next