Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para

Go down 
+3
zeb
Alane
Jack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para Empty
PostSubject: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 pm

This is why im raising money for charity... i got this in an e-mail today from a friend serving in 3 Para in who did a tour of duty in Helmand Provence Afghanistan...

..... for instance my Mate Johny Dippnal, was shot in the chest, the bullet traveled down in him an is lodged in the snall of his back, he lost kidney, half his liver, half his lung, he splean, losts of intestine an loads of other stuff, on the chanook when he was picked up an on his way back to bastion the sergons couldnt wait so they opened him up there an then on a moving heli, they did a big old T secton right across his chest and all the way down his belly, they riped everything out there an then, and on the way before they even landed his hear stopped about 5-6 times, the doctor (the fucking legand that he is) massages his heart back to life every time.
BUT as far as insurance is concerned of course the Army compensation payed out their maximum pay amount 150K but his insurance company Pax still havent given him a penny, not even a offer yet (a full year on) lthey are still debating and arguing that they dont pay out for ORGAN LOSS!

so fuck them mate, the cause your raising money for is awsome!

that is just one of the storys i have heard. its disgting that these soldiers have to get there own insurance and since there is only a couple of them that insure them for a tour of duty they can pretty much make up the rules.

so good on everyone hear doing there part well done!! and i have to pass on a thank you from the guys in 3 Para!

Last edited by Jack on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 pm

oh P.S the BBC followed him on his recovary so there should be a program out in september time so keep an eye out Wink
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

SWMBO works for the BBC and was shown a preview of the show last month.

She said it was VERY graphic and difficult to watch.
Good to see the BBC showing stuff like this, it may bring home to the whingers just what the fellas are going through.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:05 pm

hopfuly it will talk about the selfish acts of the insurance companys the soldiers have to use
Back to top Go down
zeb
Corporal
Corporal
zeb

Location : Exiled Yorkshireman currently doing vital missionary work in darkest lancashire....!

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:07 am

send him my best jack

I know every penny we raise goes to help lads like them.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:01 am

thanks Jez i will pass it on.

he is in special reponce unit within 3 Para which deal solely with building/compound raids and which ment very close combat so they were all aloud to carry pistols and a few of them had shorty shotguns. ! and one day they were in a convoy and a road side bomb hit the truck 2 in front of his and they front passenger in that truck had his foot crushed. (completely) then was told his insurance doesnt cover anything below the ankle ! and has now cant work and strugles to walk, it was rebuilt but pretty much every bone was nackerd.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 4:51 am

And more sad news today. Mmmm.

When we hear the news and about such friends as Jack has mentioned above it bring home the unpleasant truths of war; and the risks our guys are taking.

No one really wins.

Jack - send him Tim & my very best wishes; you can at least let him know what you and all the entrants are doing in trying to support him and his colleagues in some small way.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:00 am

thank you keith and tim, i have have just spoken to him and he is very grateful for all you are doing! and he saends a big THANKYOU to all H4H Rally drivers.... it really did mean alot to him when i told him
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:43 am

Nothing to say.

A dozen Landys tied to the back of my Jeep and pulling the other way wouldn't stop me taking part in this event to help guys like this.

And then you get the story in the papers yesterday of some A**hole bar owner who wouldn't let the guys in in uniform to have a drink after their mates funeral "In case they caused trouble"

When you hear stories like the one from Jacks buddy, you couldn't blame them for causing trouble when they get treated like that.

Rant Over!! Climbs down of soapbox and says a big thank-you to all the guys and girls serving their country.
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
bigdave g4
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
bigdave g4

Location : THE DARKSIDE WHERE ALL JAPS ARE CRUSHED & LANDROVERS ARE WORSHIPED

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:00 am

Just remember everybody, this is why we are doing what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:02 am

Couldn't have said it any better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para   got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para Empty

Back to top Go down

got an e-mail from a friend in 3 Para
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: