Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! Empty
PostSubject: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:21 am

I got these wheels to get rid of! I'll get some pics up when i get the laptop out.
They have 265 70 R15 tyres on, i haven't looked into gettin them taken off but there isn't much left on them.lol

I'm looking to swap them for 2 steels of the same size! Need them for rally, apparently you cant have a steel and an alloy on the same axle! So i cant use them as spares and need spares!

Stuart

Last edited by sycopaff on Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:23 am

sycopaff wrote:
...............apparently you cant have a steel and an alloy on the same axle! ...................

Never heard that one before. You have to have the same size wheel/tyre combination on the same axle.
My Mits came from the factory with alloys on, but a steel spare, as did 90% of L200s and many other cars i know of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:31 am

is your spare a proper size or something to use to get you to the garage? Don't think it matters if its an 'emergency' wheel!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:12 am

Spare on steel is a normal size tyre.

Have you tried driving on a space saver - bad enough on a car - hate to think what it would be like on a 4x4 !!!!
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:20 am

ok then i'll google it to confirm! I'll be selling them after the rally anyway!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:10 am

Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 ... Regulation 26 - if you can find a copy of it.....

Some info:
ETyres
Michelin

All the research I've done in the past on this subject, has only found info about tyre construction and usage.
I can't find anything about wheel types.

The fact that tyres must be the same size and construction (cross ply vs radial etc...) on the same axle automatically means that the diameter must be the same, and the wheel width, must be, by default, more or less the same (for the tyre to fit the wheel properly).

Regulation 24 covers space savers, but that's a whole different tin of worms ....

Spares are not covered by the MOT - even if you have one.
This is on the theory, that as soon as you use it, Regulation 26 applies.
All the MOTer can do is advise you verbally, if it's illegal - i.e. worn, bulging, different size, etc... assuming he even looks at it.
MOT - scroll almost to the bottom.
Car Owners Guide.
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:32 am

ok then!lol cancel this ad! I'll use them! Thanks nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!   4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

4 Jap fit (6 stud) alloy wheels. CANCELLED!!!
Page 1 of 1