Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Use of H4H logos

Go down 
+3
evo4x4
snow
NoDo$h
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:47 pm

I contacted Help for Heroes yesterday to ask if they could provide the artwork of the four bears logo, with a view to getting this reproduced and placing the upper parts and heads to make it look like they were passengers in the car, two on each side with one on the rear door window and one rear quarter window.

The response was disappointing, to put it mildly. I've reproduced it below:

Quote :
Thank you for your email and for your support.

I am afraid the only 2 Logos that can be used are the 'In Support of H4H'
logo and the '4 bears' logo. We cannot allow you to alter or amend the Logos at all.

Please click on the following link for the 2 H4H Logos (LINK REMOVED) Please ensure you do not alter the downloads at all and please kindly email a proof of your artwork for approval, prior to printing to

When you visit the link (I've removed it as it is only available on request) the notes for the bears logo state:
Quote :
Please Note: Please do not reverse the bears, split them up, or give them speech bubbles or add them to any product.
while the note for the "In support" logo states:
Quote :
Once you have created the artwork, please make sure that you send a copy to (REMOVED) who will then approve the design, or make suggested alterations.

Now I know Keith and Tim have obtained approval for the H4H Rally stickers, but I wanted to make a much bigger impact and really raise the profile of the rally and the charity. Instead the largest/best I can do is the 18" circle stickers H4H shop sell without jumping through a whole lot of hoops, with the most visually impressive already categorically forbidden by the terms noted above.

I'm posting this as I know people will be starting to prep their cars now and many will be looking to raise the profile of the charity with stickers, logos etc. I'd not want anyone to fall foul of these requirments in their fundraising efforts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

could you not have "any bear" that looks like well the bear, holding up say a sign in the window with the H4H In Support Logo??!
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Nope, because you also have to have their approval for how the "in support of logo" will be used, with a mockup of the finished article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

all seems a bit stupid really!! considering were raising money for them!! i cant seem to understand there logic on this one!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 am

Guys - Tim & I are very grateful re H4H design thoughts etc; but we must remain within the corporate designs of H4H.

At the outset, we registered the event and engaged with H4H re our rally logo and they designed it for us; that now represents our own corporate rally logo.

Alan is right to point out that is not in anyone's interest to go beyond the boundaries already set.
Back to top Go down
discobasher
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
discobasher

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 am

I was thinking of having the H4H logo made up to go along the bottoms of my disco doors both sides. I have a professional graphics company contact that would make them up but after contacting H4H it became clear they have set boundries on what you can reproduce. Could we not use the "Rally" ones and make them our own size?
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:28 pm

We have some H4H 4x4 rally decals available though the 'shop' - www.h4hrally.co.uk

A number of you have asked if you could have your official door number decals prior to the event (inc volunteering to pay postage etc). I regret the answer is 'No'. The door decals will only be issued after successfully passing through scruntineering on the morning of the rally.

Failure to pass scrutineering will debar participation in the event - hence we cannot issue the official rally door number decals in advance.
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm

are we going to get a list of what the car needs to meet to pass scruntineering before the event!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:47 pm

If the car is safe and its contents secured, road worthy, taxed, insured, and it meets UK (inc MOT if appl) and EU legislation (lights/noise etc) and all occupants have the correct documentation then you shouldn't need a list.

The emphasis is on safety as it will be throughout the event. This is a touring event and we want everyone tsking part to do so in a safe environment - not only for themselves but for others.

As a reminder, speeding will invoke immediate exclusion. The marshals are Judges of Fact in this (and other) respect and their decision is without appeal.

But in answer to your Q - yes; the list will part of the final instructions - together with the speeding regulation.
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:49 pm

cool i like lists....just so i know i got everything i need!!

re speeding good luck in mine!! lol
Back to top Go down
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm

re safety, isnt it best we leave bill at home for everyones personal safety at night!!!
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

I should be OK on the speed issue then. Unless of course the Europeans have reduced all thier speed limits to 25mph Laughing
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Harry............I am looking forward to my 'practice' sleep walking this Friday............... hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 am

evo4x4 wrote:
If the car is safe and its contents secured, road worthy, taxed, insured, and it meets UK (inc MOT if appl) and EU legislation (lights/noise etc) and all occupants have the correct documentation then you shouldn't need a list.

The emphasis is on safety as it will be throughout the event. This is a touring event and we want everyone tsking part to do so in a safe environment - not only for themselves but for others.

As a reminder, speeding will invoke immediate exclusion. The marshals are Judges of Fact in this (and other) respect and their decision is without appeal.

But in answer to your Q - yes; the list will part of the final instructions - together with the speeding regulation.

Are there a set of rules available?. It would be useful to get things like this slightly iin advance so those of us that have never taken part in an event like this before will time to check that we can comply OK
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:04 am

Just to remind people, there are regs that can be found on the 'How to Enter the Rally' page on the main website. Also, as mentioned before the 'Final Regulations' will be sent out within 4 weeks of the start date (it will more likely be towards the end of May).

Steve - To be honest, you'll have no problem complying with things, common sense is main thing you'll need - the main thing is overall safety (the final regs will include a list of mandatory/legal and advisory equipment you will require)

Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

evo4x4 wrote:
common sense is main thing you'll need - Smile Smile

That'll rule most of us out then lol!
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
Sponsored content

Use of H4H logos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Use of H4H logos   Use of H4H logos Empty

Back to top Go down

Use of H4H logos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: