Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

defender cubby box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 am

does anyone here have the dimensions for a land rover defender cubby box.. think i might have a bash at making one with a carpenter friend of mine and see if i can make any uppgrades as well whilst im at it Razz

Cheers

Jack

Icon Landy
Back to top Go down
discobasher
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
discobasher

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Just go on the dimensions of the centre seat and work out the height so your elbow will rest on it at a comfortable height. I have seen some amazing home made jobs over the years. They simpy bolt down to the base plate over the gearbox. You can fit stereos and cb's and all sorts of other bits in them. Saw a neat 1 once that had a false drawer in the armrest top where a guy hid all his money/passport etc whilst abroad. You would never have known it was there Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Typical, I've just broken my old one up for bits.

I bought a huge metal one (out of a series I think) for £20 a couple of days ago.
It's the same sort of design as the MSS one with a covered radio compartment. Lick of paint and a nice new padded lid and it looks much better than what used to be in the gap.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 pm

dont suppose you can whip a tape messure around it for me could you alane

the cubby box that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Yesindeedidoo, still need to sand down the side and get one of those cup hold thingies:
L: 50cm
W: 28.5cm could go another couple of CM's each side
D: 32cm
defender cubby box Picture3305
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 pm

cheers pal.. looks like a pretty heavy duty one.. gutted you got rid of the old on

when you said you used it for parts does that mean you still have to wooden shell left just without hinges and lid etc ?
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah, I've still got the box bit but whoever had it before me had some 6" speakers in the sides so It has a massive hole in each side.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 pm

so is the box bit going spare then Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 pm

This thing:
defender cubby box Picture278
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Yours if you want it mate.
Not sure how I'll get it to you coz I'm crap at posting stuff defender cubby box Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 pm

coolio matey were abouts are you ?
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Daan saaf!! defender cubby box Icon_lol

Maidstone in Kent
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm

hmmm bit far for a drive me thinks Crying or Very sad ah well cheers anyway pal.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:08 pm

What about making yourself a lid
30cm x 33cm

And I'll bring the box with me in June?

The hinge is still on the box
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

defender cubby box Empty
PostSubject: Re: defender cubby box   defender cubby box Empty

Back to top Go down

defender cubby box
Page 1 of 1