Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

an eventful drive home

Go down 
+5
Paul_H
jjakajmr
tpb4x4
Alane
Jack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

an eventful drive home Empty
PostSubject: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 pm

is was driving home from Llangollen in wales and a car came right up behind me with his fog lights on ( you know the guys that drive with them on when there is no fog) then another car overtook us both and then a race started between them both. and they disappeared.

this was on Horse shoe pass which is a notoriously dangerous road and i had the feeling something was going to happen.

so by the time i got around the corner a person was stood in the road a flagged me down and told me

he overtook me around a bend and i think he when over the side.

so i got out and look over the edge and found him 50ft down the side of the road upside down. so i told the lad to phone for an ambulance and i climbed down.
when i got there i could here the lads inside the car so i squeezed myself in through a gap in the door to check on them.
they had taken there belts of and were crawling around in the car. and one clearly had a broken shoulder. so i made the decision to move them since they had already got out there seats and were crawling around on glass and fuel. so i pulled the door glass out and pulled the driver out first who had only got cuts to his face and hands. then i pulled carefully the lad with the broken shoulder and had to carry him up the hill to the road.

an ambulance was on its way but out there in the sticks it would be half an hour or more. with the driver sat down i looked at the passenger closer with a light and he was bleeding badly from the face, hands and shoulder so i made a sling from a roof rack strap that was in my car to take the weight from his shoulder since he could not support it him self.

these lads were very very lucky. they had left the road sideways then went of the side of the hill then hitting a tree half way up that thankfully slowed them down.

the other car that was in the race gave his name and address and left the scene quickly. the police and ambulance crew couldn't believe they were still alive. to be honest i thought that when i got down to the car i would find 2 dead lads.

i think they will think twice when they decide to race again. an eventful drive home Crash_10

an eventful drive home Crash_11

i took these photo's the day after.
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Nice work Jack!!

I wonder if they'll learn anything from the experience?
To be honest I reckon once they're patched up and fit to get on with life they'll be back to their old tricks.

Have a good ol crash will be something to brag about to their mates.

Sad state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:53 pm

yeah i reckon they will as well. but i bet they wont tell there mates about how much both of them were crying and begging me to get them out of the car. they must of only been 17 years old

when they overtook me i just knew something was going to happen. i have been off that road as well not as bad. i was in my dads landy and hit some ice and ran it into a tree. but no damage to the landy just the tree.
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 pm

OMG, I know how bad that road can be, we went over the Horsheshoe Pass a couple of years ago on the Mac 4x4 when it was closed coz the weather was so bad !

an eventful drive home 2006SR21

an eventful drive home 2006SR7
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Well done Jack!!
You probably saved their lives!!!!
Chances are if you hadn't been there shock may have set in and........
Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://teamcobra.co.uk
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Got a feeling they may have had a dose of WRC I can do that flu, I was down there for the rally as part of the safety teams, and we had a few of the infected pass us on the way back to the B&B on the Friday night and on the way home on the Saturday.

Talking to a mate who stayed down for the Sunday stage in Rohnda he said he had a few of the infected on his way back on Sunday night.

That could have been so much worse and have to echo whats been said you did a sterling job to get them out and to safety especialy the lad with the broken shoulder chances are he would have ended up further down the hill. Well done that man
Back to top Go down
http://www.paul-henry.me.uk
Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:07 pm

thanks guys. come to think of it he still has my roof rack strap sling.. the ambulance guys decided to keep it on. but it think one of the cops knows my dad so he might drop it off.

i drive over that pass maybe 3 times a week if not more and there is always someone driving like a moron.
Back to top Go down
zeb
Corporal
Corporal
zeb

Location : Exiled Yorkshireman currently doing vital missionary work in darkest lancashire....!

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:02 am

Nice one jack...top man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 am

Top chap. Something about driving a Landy seems to mean we all carry enough ropes, straps, zip ties and gaffer tape to patch up the wounded... and our cars. Hope you get some thanks from them via the Police.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 am

I can see the headlines the noo
'A thoughtful 4x4 driver comes to the rescue of...............'

Yea reet.

weil done, top class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Well done, it could have been a much worse story. I've been over there many times in bad weather and it's remote to say the least.
Be interesting to see if they get anything from the Police though .....
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an eventful drive home   an eventful drive home Empty

Back to top Go down

an eventful drive home
Page 1 of 1