Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Disco 2 front recovery point

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Disco 2 front recovery point Empty
PostSubject: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 5:16 am

Not that I'm planning intentionally to get bogged down but best laid plans and all .... Do any of you Discovery 2 owners have a solution to a front recovery point that doesn't involve a new bumper?
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 7:44 am

The Disco2 I owned rusted faster than it drank fuel (it was a V8) so I didn't own it long enough to need recovering.

I have, however, prodded folk with more relevant knowledge to join in this thread with something useful!

Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Adam,

i would look into keeping the existing bumper but fitting JATE rings and using a bridle to spread the load between both chassis legs.

(points if you can state what JATE stands for and bonus points if you know what it is known as)

People who call them 'Jake' rings need a slap....
Back to top Go down
Adam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 am

I was thinking along them lines. Joint Air Transport Equipment? As for what you pongos cal them who knows!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:15 am

I welded some Disco recovery points onto the front of Kelly's Ford Explorer just before last year's rally.

I thought they came off a D2, but I could be wrong and maybe they came off a 1 or a TD5. (See, I know nothing about LRs Boogie )

Got some pics somewhere, maybe you could do similar. Whatever they came off, they were bolted originally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 am

Just been reminded they were off a TD5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disco 2 front recovery point   Disco 2 front recovery point Empty

Back to top Go down

Disco 2 front recovery point
Page 1 of 1