Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Last minute problem & panic.

Go down 
+2
99claydond
tonic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Last minute problem & panic. Empty
PostSubject: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 am

My LR has been serviced/looked after by the same independent garage for many years with,never a problem. As well as normal scheduled servicing and maintenance, I put it in every year for a thorough pre rally check over and this was done last week.
A new mechanic proudly told me that he felt the steering was a bit light,so had taken some shims out of the swivel pin.

Yesterday, I went to load all the needed(& un -needed !)Rally gear and noticed a pool of oil under the front n/s as well as all the hub assembly, brakes etc covered in oil, and the wheel was leaning at an angle.Drove slowly back to the garage and the owner went ashen when he saw it.
Transpires the mechanic had not put the swivel pin bearing back in straight and the rollers had started to pop out.
End result, new hub assembly,swivel pins wheel bearings etc , being replaced today.Should get truck back sometime tomorrow.
Only glad I noticed the oil otherwise I would have had major problems somewhere on the rally with possible dire consequencies.
Ah well, now got more to do than planned on Friday
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:19 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OO:: 

not what you need this close to the start!

Still, like you say at least you found it before we left!

fingers crossed you get her back promptly and repaired ready to go
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 am

Yikes, swivels best left along, unless absolutely essential.
Hope it all comes together.

As it was the mechanic who f.....d it up, I hope they're paying??
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:16 pm

You should him them up for a contribution for this screw up affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:04 am

Did it get sorted OK Tony ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 am

Yep, Got it back, looks OK to me No signs of oil etc and more importantly, feels Ok--Time will tell !!!
No mention of a bill when I collected it-Just hope I don't come back to one in the post.
If there is I may be looking for a new garage to maintain my truck in future Mad 
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:29 am

Glad all seems to be in working order Tony - enjoy the Rally  cheers
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:49 am

Glad it's all fixed. Did he touch anything else, just asking so AA Tony can load up the spares require :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last minute problem & panic.   Last minute problem & panic. Empty

Back to top Go down

Last minute problem & panic.
Page 1 of 1