Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

How much have you got left to do?

Go down 
+6
nickburt
El_Hair
evo4x4
Mark Avo
Magpie
Minnehaha1
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Cheers Craig. We are hoping to make it up for the Sunday, the rest of that weekend I have a friends retirement do. The MDF thing is something I am also doing but putting a drawer underneath( well that's the plan) ref the battery the only worry I have. Putting it inside will it not produce fumes when charging?
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:35 am

Not sure about fumes. Defender batteries are located in the cabin under the passenger seat if that's any indication  confused 
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmycharity.com/teamodie
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 6:26 am

Don't bother spending daft money on an Optima for an auxilary battery, it's just not worth the money.

I know a lot of guys who use Numax for starting and auxilary.

NUMAX 110ah Leisure/caravan/boat Battery - XV31MF CXV

I use one as the main truck battery and have two as auxilary batteries - even though it's a deep cycle leisure battery, it's performed well under the bonnet as the main battery for starting and front winch.

The seller I've linked to was just about the cheapest for these batteries at the time I bought my last pair last summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
El_Hair
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
El_Hair

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks for that Nick. Did look at leisure batteries. Cheap is always good too. I'll take a further look  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmycharity.com/teamodie
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Very techie gents' but am sure you know what you're talking about -  Very Happy Rolling Eyes And good to see some thought being put into the holiday  pirat 
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm

evo4x4 wrote:
Very techie gents' but am sure you know what you're talking about -  Very Happy Rolling Eyes And good to see some thought being put into the holiday  pirat 
It's a lot of effort to keep the beers cold. But worth it  Band 
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:42 pm

And good to see some thought being put into the holiday  pirat 
I seem to remember a post from our glorious leader, may he reign for ever  Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail , that this event was not a holiday. Are they trying to hide something from us mere peasants?  scratch 
I have now replaced the radiator and fan, just need to get some LED's and jobs a good en Very Happy

Last edited by Minnehaha1 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://braevalfarmcottage.info
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 3:06 am

Keith, you're getting a bit soft with these rally crews! Very Happy 

Maybe you're lulling them into a false sense of security cos the Rally ain't a holiday, no way, no how, never  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 am

New for 2014 Jan - we're supplying deck-chairs and knotted handkerchiefs for use in the 24/7 sunshine that is guaranteed. Evil or Very Mad  And of course, a children's entertainment team for the quiet times during the day. Evil or Very Mad  Yes, I suppose I'm getting soft - but of course, will remain as helpful as ever  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 6:03 am

And of course, a children's entertainment team for the quiet times during the day.

well we know there will be a few clowns there geek jocolor 
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 6:31 am

Quote :
And of course, a children's entertainment team for the quiet times during the day.

well we know there will be a few clowns marshalls there geekjocolor
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 pm

nickburt wrote:
Quote :

I think some Toby & Bob style special tasks may be included in this years rally for selected teams only
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:51 am

Quiet Times? Now let me think back..... confused Nope that does not ring any bells with me  scratch . I fear that our Glorious Leader may be Ill, first he gives The Organisers Favorite Team to a unit that shall not be named and now he is suggesting that there might be quiet time.  Drunk  confused  I think Gill and the Doc should make a house call and check him out Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:40 am

Mark Avo wrote:
nickburt wrote:
Quote :

I think some Toby & Bob style special tasks may be included in this years rally for selected teams only

Yes please, bring it on ......  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Minnehaha1
Corporal
Corporal
Minnehaha1

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 am

Front and back diffs emptied and fresh oil put in Very Happy 
Only the gear box and transfer box to do Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 4:06 am

Truck booked into garage for first week in June for full service and check over-- being a LR, nothing will need doing !!!
Other than that, just got to buy enough beer for the first couple of nights. cheers 
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 5:16 pm

being a LR, nothing will need doing Optimism - and the right attitude  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:28 am

evo4x4 wrote:
being a LR, nothing will need doing Optimism - and the right attitude  Very Happy 
 Rolling Eyes Suspect Razz 
Back to top Go down
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:04 am

Getting there. All my oil, filters etc arrived so a day in the workshop. Managed to break the radiator bleed pipe to the header tank, so bit of gaffer tape sorted that to get it to the parts man and on the way to Barnstaple (10 miles) there was a bang, black smoke and no revs!!! Sad No problem just another piece of pipe!! So new bleed pipe fitted (5 mins) and new turbo to intercooler pipe fitted (½ hour!!). Talk about awkward when the engines hot. Still all done and hoping that things going in threes is a myth.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:57 am

It'll be alright on the night  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ngiri
Corporal
Corporal
Ngiri

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:06 am

Service completed. New steering damper, fresh brake and PAS fluid, oil + both filters changed, fuel filter changed, oil levels checked in trannys and axles. Brake pads renewed 3 months ago, so plenty of meat. Oh and gave Ngiri her annual wash!!
 Landy4 Icon Landy 
Back to top Go down
V8Simon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
V8Simon

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:15 am

Front & rear diff drive pinion oil seals
Transfer box rear output oil seal & handbrake shoes
Front & rear propshaft uj's & rubber donut
Front & rear springs & shocks (2" lift)
New extended brake hoses front & rear
New tyre for the spare
G/box, transfer box, engine & diff oil change
New discs & pads on the front
Fit centre diff-lock cable & lever

All the above done, but..................

Had to have a new clutch & dual mass flywheel, a new rear crank oil seal, a new sump gasket, a new steering box, 2 patches of welding hiding on the chassis rails behind the rear springs, new injector wiring loom  Sad 

Hopefully that'll be it  Rolling Eyes 

Simon  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much have you got left to do?   How much have you got left to do? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much have you got left to do?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2