Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

On line back ups.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

On line back ups. Empty
PostSubject: On line back ups.   On line back ups. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 am

As part off a recent effort to protect and back up my computers - files, music, video and photos, I've been looking around for cost effective, easy and unlimited back up solutions.

Several computers, laptops and smart phones/pads etc... it was becoming a worry about how to ensure every thing is protected, backed up and readily available.

So .... I now use Carbonite for "I" device back ups. Always available on line, as long as you have an internet connection, you can access whatever is on any device, from any device, anywhere and down load from one device's back up to one of the other devices. Easy and cheap.

I'm also now using "Backblaze" as an online back up for any registered computor or laptop. Costs $50 per year, or $95 for two years per pc/laptop.
Back up is done automatically whenever your connected to the internet and is UNLIMITED in it's amount of storage.
Recovery can be done anywhere, to any registered pc/laptop. The big benefit is that the on line back ups are incrememtal and previous back ups retained for 4 weeks, so you can roll back to a previous back up (complete file structure or individual files) any time during that rolling 4 week period. So if you loose a file, make a modification you don't like, need to recover a corrupted file or set of files, Backblaze can help.

Individual files, folders or complete file structures can be backed up, restored or rolled back. Which, for the money, per year, is well worth the peace of mind, functionality and accessibilty.

It's taken a while to find the "ideal" solution, following a major f... up last year, that cost me a lot of agro and heart ache, yes, bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but we learn from mistakes - every day is a school day !!!!

Just ot add - I have nothing to do with either or the above service providers, but a healthy liking for what they provide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

On line back ups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line back ups.   On line back ups. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 am

Backblaze also has a "track my computor", so if it's stolen and used on line, you can locate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

On line back ups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line back ups.   On line back ups. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Again, very useful advice Nick - I'll take all the above into account as I'm about to upgrade. I'm using this an the moment;

On line back ups. Abacus10

and plan to get one with more colours.

As ever all advice accepted! clown 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On line back ups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line back ups.   On line back ups. Empty

Back to top Go down

On line back ups.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: