Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Hi from the Stukeley Defenders

Go down 
+6
nickburt
Mark Avo
richie
General Confusion
tonic
martb
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
martb
Private
Private
martb

Hi from the Stukeley Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 am

Hi to everyone.

We are the Stukeley Defenders and we are a father and son team; I’m Martin and Neil is my co-driver , our crew hands are Neil’s 10 year old son Jake and my 10 year old son, Matthew. We have entered my Land Rover Defender TD5 and are keen to put it through its paces in the Rally.

We are all over the moon to be involved with next years Rally. We are hoping to raise as much money as possible. We look forward to meeting you all in due course. Happy fund raising.

Landy6 Landy3 Icon Landy Landy3 Landy6
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 am

Welcome to the madhouse. Glad to see we've got another Landy6

Advice- Don't listen to the organisers

Tony
Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks Tony

But why?

Quote :
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 am

Our 'Kind,caring,trusty,helpful,considerate etc etc etc organisers'( their words !!) do have a habit of misleading and arranging for the goalposts to be moved at any opportunity. :lol!

Allegedly !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am

Indeed I shall key my eye on that LOL.....thank you
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am

tonic wrote:
Our 'Kind,caring,trusty,helpful,considerate etc etc etc organisers'( their words !!) do have a habit of misleading and arranging for the goalposts to be moved at any opportunity. :lol!

Allegedly !! Twisted Evil

Only the goalposts???? I have seen the whole pitch moved on occasion. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

martb wrote:
Thanks Tony

But why?

Quote :

Admin: 20 points off for listening to Tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 am

General Confusion wrote:

Only the goalposts???? I have seen the whole pitch moved on occasion. Twisted Evil

Oh great, the goalposts were bad enough. Where the fe¢k am i going to find a whole inflatable pitch?
Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Quote :
Admin: 20 points off for listening to Tony

This feels alot like "down and give me 10 press ups" Very Happy until I switch on. Whats the impact and how many points is it going to cost.......?

Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi, to the madhouse Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Mark Avo wrote:
General Confusion wrote:

Oh great, the goalposts were bad enough. Where the fe¢k am i going to find a whole inflatable pitch?

Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 am

Martin - Suffice it to say that a penalty of 20 points is nothing; if fact it means you are currently in 1st place clown

You will find one or two devious teams taking part in the rally who will try and mislead you about your caring, kind, helpful, considerate, compassionate and understanding organsiers. It is a tactic they will employ under a guise of being friendly Rolling Eyes in the hope you'll be penalised - one to watch is Tonic Fun

As for goalposts - your caring, kind, helpful, considerate, compassionate and understanding organsiers were kindly presented with some inflatable ones by the crews at the rally prize giving in June. Not that we ever move any goalposts!!! Headspin Regrettably Evil or Very Mad they were sabotaged by the rally children at the P'boro LRO show (when I say sabotaged, it cost me 2 bags of sweets, 4 bottles of lemonade and a large pack of crisps Basketball )
Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks for the clarification bounce ...Now I plan to come in last...a habit I'm afraid being Ex REME and always bring up the rear. But there will be no slacking in the fund raising. Hi from the Stukeley Defenders 341616

Admin: Extra 20 points deduted and committee out on the bringing up the rear Neutral
Back to top Go down
mattlynch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
mattlynch

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 pm

evo4x4 wrote:

You will find one or two devious teams taking part in the rally who will try and mislead you about your caring, kind, helpful, considerate, compassionate and understanding organsiers. It is a tactic they will employ under a guise of being friendly Rolling Eyes

Martin,

Please when reading the above statement from the MANAGEMENT bear in mind what all of us team members have said regarding the honesty and reliability of statements from such individuals in places of authority. affraid

Either way great to have you on board, and as a member of the RAMC, I too am used to bringing up the rear. (Medically speaking of course ) Laughing

So.......who's making the tea. Army

Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Another little tip for you.

All the penalty points issued by the management are calculated at the end of the day/event
What you need to remember is that its the marshals ( the unsung heroes of the event) that will be ticking your boxes during the days.
On that note please remember that Pies make Prizes. We can get very peckish sitting in dark lay byes waiting for you to appear and the odd offer of a Pie (sweet or savoury but pork is best) will rarely be a wasted effort on your part.

Sweets and or other such things also greatfully received but Pies are best

Of course I'm not suggesting bribery in any way shape or form as (im told) that is now unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Just thought....
Whilst in the low countries, any offers of the local delicacies looking much like deep fried brown slop will not help your cause in the least. Deep fried brown slush is bad news to all apart from Management (senior) who seems to quite like the stuff.
Chips are OK but easy on the mayo for gods sake!
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:03 am

Mark. Know what you mean
"Whilst in the low countries, any offers of the local delicacies looking much like deep fried brown slop"
Whilst in Brugges last weekend, was persuaded to try a local delicacy- stewed rabbit Flemish style. Actually the brown slop tasted rather good but I did notice a distinct absence of cats Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 am

Hi and welcome
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 am

Deep fried brown slush is bad news to all apart from Management (senior) who seems to quite like the stuff.

It is this quality food that is the source of my wisdom clown

Martin - Continue to believe in the helpfulness, charm, kindness, understanding, listening, caring and sympathetic qualities of the rally organisers then you won't go far wrong. Rolling Eyes

You know you can trust us pirat
Back to top Go down
MelanieG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 am

Hi and Welcome Smile

Did you manage to get the text donations sorted?

Kind regards
Melanie
Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Thank you all for your kind welcomes. Laughing

I'm not sure I'll try the deep fried brown slop No

Quote :
Did you manage to get the text donations sorted?

Hi Melanie we are still looking at this as an option...but general advice suggests its not that productive.

I can’t believe I lost more admin points scratch …my co-driver is going to be well up set…oh well lol!

Admin: -10 points, Not believing the admin
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Have to agree with Martin on this - we are still looking at this as an option...but general advice suggests its not that productive.

We ran 2012 with the Text option and I think £25 went into the pot; yep of course every penny counts. We've tagged the same text ref onto 2013 simply on the basis it is another option - but don't hold your breathe re amount of funds donated.

To all Marshals: the disruptive tactics between driver/co-driver appear to be working well clown
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm

martb wrote:

...Now I plan to come in last...

Beware of this tactic, there are some devious people around who will try to scupper your plan.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:54 pm

There you go Martin - NOW do you believe me? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
martb
Private
Private
martb

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 am

I'm not sure I believe anyone I havetosay....but I'm sure i'm going to enjoy myself. cheers

more admin points scratch lucky old me

Anyway we've raised £55 so far and sure we we will make much in the coming months... Party

Icon Landy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Stukeley Defenders   Hi from the Stukeley Defenders Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Stukeley Defenders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Say Hello to New H4H Rally Forum Members-
Jump to: