Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!

Go down 
+4
evo4x4
BOFA Bill
Paul_H
tpb4x4
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! Empty
PostSubject: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:46 am

Hiya people,

Just need to let people know, can you please leave space on your driver's door and your front passenger's door for the 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' decal.

Size/space required on both front doors will be: Approx 30cm/12inches (width) x 42cm/16.5inches (height)

This decal will include:
- Your car/team number
- The event partner's Logos

Thanks

H4H Rally Organisers

Last edited by tpb4x4 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:05 am

Tim

Will these be comeing direct to us or will they being given out on the event.

Only ask as there is a plan for the graphics and stickers on the truck and having them in advance would be fantastic but if not I can erm botch it till I get the proper ones lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.paul-henry.me.uk
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 am

Hiya mate,

They will be given out at the start of the event.

HINT: Something that may help, which I have done in some past events, is to by some cheap pin-stripe tape and place it where the Event ID graphic will go Smile

Hope this helps ;
Back to top Go down
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 am

Hi Tim

Space is not a problem all the plan is with me being involved with motorsports on the safety teams, the truck was going to be getting the whole rally prep look for part of the advertising and promotion for the sponsorship and door numbers were going to be put on with the team number and name on.

I will make sure that there is enough room to put the offical ones on over them when we get to the start line

Part of the package is when im on events its in the face of the safety crews, organisers and the competitors so hopefully they may just put there hand in there pocket and cough up if not im going to be a bit slower with the fire extinguisher or make sure they get a bumpy ride when doing the recovery Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 am

Size change/update -

Size required is approx 30cm/12inches (width) x 45cm/18inches (height)

Please ignore this post, they will still be Size/space required on both front doors will be: 30cm/12inches (width) x 42cm/16.5inches (height)

Last edited by tpb4x4 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 am

Jings oh.... thats big
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am

not that big I dont think there as big as regulation race / rally backgrounds but have the book of rules in my event bag will dig it out and find out the ones I was going to use I think are bigger than this
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Bill -We fully appreciate that what is normal for most blokes, you regard as big. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Hehehehe Mum did say that I take after you.............. Neutral
Back to top Go down
zeb
Corporal
Corporal
zeb

Location : Exiled Yorkshireman currently doing vital missionary work in darkest lancashire....!

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 am

Tim

I've already agreed to provide the vehicle at local fundraising events e.g there a couple locally who are doing a sponsered bike through north and south america. the idea was to provide the vehicle all 'officially stickered up' so to speak so is it cast in stone that the numbers/rally plates will only be given out at the start?

I'm just thinking it may help from a fundraising point of view if it was in 'ready to go' mode so to speak we may get more punters coming over to our vehicle who we can extract sponsership from?

let me know what you think mate..

cheers

jez
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:31 am

Unfortunately it is set that we hand them out at the start, as they will be getting printed a month or so before Sad The other way is, if u wanted to, was to poss find somebody to make a door decal up in the meantime. Once all the places are full you will then know your number, which wou will be able to put on there.

Hope this is ok mate Wink Embarassed
Back to top Go down
zeb
Corporal
Corporal
zeb

Location : Exiled Yorkshireman currently doing vital missionary work in darkest lancashire....!

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 am

Thats fine mate, i'll get some temporary ones made up by the guy who does my vans.
Back to top Go down
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:51 am

tim for those of us that are going to be getting some temp ones made up do you have a general idea of the layout your going to use.

Short of the offical sponsors if I can get one made up with a similar layout to the plan then I think it will look a bit better and inline with things etc
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi Paul - You might have gathered it's somewhat hectic here putting everything together - not that we are complaining.

The final door decal/design will depend on our sponsors/partners - we are still in talks on a number of fronts - and doubt id out final will be finalised until the early part of next year.

If you are thinking of putting a ‘temporary’ decal on your vehicle the provisional plans/design will look towards (from top to bottom);

- H4H rally banner along the top
- one row of sponsors logo (approx 5)
- Vehicle/Entrant No - in a black rounded off sq
- one row of sponsors logo (approx 5)

As mentioned above, these are only provisional plans/designs. – and may well change! But at least this may give you an idea of our plans/thoughts.

Hope this helps Smile
Keith/Tim
Back to top Go down
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 am

Thanks fella thats sort of where I was going with my general plan for mine as long as I have the H4H bit in the right place then ill be happy will be off to talk to the sign guy on Monday the door decals are not a problem as I will just order the motorsport standard size ones and work out from that

It will all work out in the end.

I can imagine it being a bit barmy there at the moment and yes thats a good thing its when it all stops you should worry have all the boxes been ticked lol the quiet bit always worry me
Back to top Go down
sycopaff
Sergeant
Sergeant
sycopaff

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:24 am

wow! you guys are going all out with the rally decal! do you just know people who know people or have a deep pocket? i'd love to get my truck all sign writen but i doubt any sponsor i get will be prepared to do it!
Icon Toyota
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:38 am

Its just a case of building up the stickers.
When you get a sponser on board ask them for a sticker.

In fact, that should form part of your sales pitch...... In return for donataing I can have yer company name on the car for months on end.

Also, if you are going to go and see a biz contact, go onto the WWW and take a cut/copy of the company name from their website and superimpose it onto a foto of your car.
'See just how it woulkd look sir. Noo, if you would just make the cheque oot to H4H.......Here, use my pen.

PM me yer addy and I will send ye a couple of stickers to get you started. (if ye want that is)

Hope this helps ye

bill
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am

sycopaff wrote:
but i doubt any sponsor i get will be prepared to do it! Icon Toyota

Never say never Mate. If you look at advertising costs nowadays, a couple of hundred quid for European advertising and possible photo coverage in The Sun (who are big supporters of H4H) is cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
diplomat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
diplomat

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Keith / Tim

Will the door decals be of the type where they do not damage paint on removal? The standard H4H ones do apparently!

A
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 am

Make sure that ye have a good coating of polish on the areas that ye are puting stickers on.

Removal?
I find lashings of boiling water and or a hairdryer.

As we are doing the rally in the 'summer time' the heat from the sunshine should help remove them.
Basicly, heat the stickers up before removal.

HTH's
Back to top Go down
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 am

the only other thing you can do with the event ones is to apply them to some magnetic sheet then you can pop them on and off as you want.

If you do a search for it on ebay you can get a decent size cheap enough but it will mean you having to cut it down to just over size before you go then applying the decals to the sheet and there is the risk it could fly off at speed.

As Bill said if you warm them up gently with a hair dryer it makes the glue plyable and you can remove them easy enough. Then a good polish and you should never know they have been there.
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 am

Magnetic sheets and Land Rover dinna mix....... Aluminium panels Razz
Back to top Go down
Paul_H
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Paul_H

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 am

I thought the rangies were steel oh well you learn something new every day
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 am

Nah, L2oo and J33ps are a steal cause they always breakdoon.

(my Rangie was Ally pannels except for the roof.)
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 am

Adrian - As Bill says, they should come off okay using a hairdrier without a prob or damage; but, as I'm sure you appreciate, we simply can't simply offer a guarantee re paintwork.

The decals will be on our doors as well - hopefully that tells a story that we don't anticipate any issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!   Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Space required on front doors for 'EVENT IDENTIFICATION' - PLEASE READ!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next