Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Breakdown Cover?

Go down 
+7
Wal
Magpie
evo4x4
nickburt
tonic
landie68rover
muddygirl
11 posters
AuthorMessage
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:48 am

(not that I'm being pesimistic but...) ...is there a Rally Breakdown Cover 'deal' like there was in 2010? (don't know about 2011). If not, has anyone else taken out a short term cover for the rally; is it necessary/worth it? my normal cover won't cover me for the Ambulance in Europe. Rolling Eyes

Thanks,

Sarah. queen
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:05 am

Ahhhh one of the joys of having French Insurance (1 and only), it includes break down recovery, plus I still have the added advantage of a Land Rover Warranty (for all the use it has been so far). I seem to remember someone mentioning taking out AA cover somewhere earlier on the forum, but if they as good as Keith's local AA, I hear he is still awaiting a tyre being changed some 3 weeks after he called. Mind you he got his own back by charging a certain Team member for coffee plus milk and sugar consumed on a social call
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:39 am

Sarah, If I remember, AA cover was an option on the booking form,final bill.I'm sure I said yes and paid for it, check what you paid for.
There again it may have just been a contribution to the AA teams' beer fund !!(or the organisers )
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:57 am

Yes, AA cover was offered as part of the "deal" if required.
Exactly the same as 2010 & 2011.
Give Keith a shout and see if it's still available.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:06 am

OMG. Its official. I'm going mad. Yes - it was on the booking form and I have paid for it already. Please ignore original question, while I return to my padded cell. Embarassed

Sarah.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

Tut Tut -I can already see the ambulance crew are going to be a handful; again! pirat
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:10 am

muddygirl wrote:
OMG. Its official. I'm going mad. Yes - it was on the booking form and I have paid for it already. Please ignore original question, while I return to my padded cell. Embarassed

Sarah.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:23 pm

muddygirl wrote:

Sarah.

Wakey wakey!! Just in case you've forgotten ...........the Rally starts on the 16th June in Wiltshire.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for the reminder Sad
Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:19 am

Magpie wrote:
Wakey wakey!! Just in case you've forgotten ...........the Rally starts on the 16th June in Wiltshire..........

Rally - What Rally? Shocked I've just got a note in my diary reminding me to fill up with fuel on the 15th...
...and something about packing biscuits ?? scratch

Fun
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:00 am

muddygirl wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Wakey wakey!! Just in case you've forgotten ...........the Rally starts on the 16th June in Wiltshire..........

Rally - What Rally? Shocked I've just got a note in my diary reminding me to fill up with fuel on the 15th...

Fun

No problem then! Best be prepared so good that you remembered the biscuits clown
Back to top Go down
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:01 am

muddygirl wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Fun

Can not forget the biscuits clown
Back to top Go down
mattlynch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
mattlynch

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:07 am

Arrrrggggggg.......Rally that soon. affraid

That only gives me 6 free days to work on the truck ( includes the double bank hol ) Neutral
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:25 am

Penalty points to Car 44 - Reason? The carrying of biscuits which could be used to obtain sympathy from the organisers in relation to Task cards scores Laughing

By the way, no sugar just milk with the coffee clown
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:31 am

evo4x4 wrote:

Don't forget to charge for the coffee + milk. £2.50 I believe appears to me the going rate. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:59 am

evo4x4 wrote:
Penalty points to Car 44 - Reason? The carrying of biscuits which could be used to obtain sympathy from the organisers in relation to Task cards scores Laughing

Reasons that if any of us carry anything in our chosen mode of transport that is consumable, i.e food or drink even fuel we could incur penalty points from the uhmmmmmmmmmmm..............what are they called again, oh yes organisers and marshal's for what could be seen as a means of bribery and/or corruption. Ponders if that could include the water we are all asked to carry. Suspect
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:27 am

More Penalty points for Car 18 - Reason: Pondering in a public place Breakdown Cover? 506702
Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:19 am

evo4x4 wrote:
More Penalty points for Car 18 - Reason: Pondering in a public place

...We're sunk then... Pondering in a public place will be a daily occurance Rolling Eyes

Sarah.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:36 am

Car Z5 likes coffee and biscuits.

Smile
Back to top Go down
RustyMed
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
RustyMed

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:12 am

Magpie wrote:

Wakey wakey!! Just in case you've forgotten ...........the Rally starts on the 16th June in Wiltshire.......... lol!

Wiltshire!? In June? This June?

I was sure it was Whitby in November. Next you'll be saying we'll need to bring overnight kit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muck-n-malarkey.webeden.co.uk/
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:17 am

Last I heard it was starting in S.Wales, Keith to confirm of course Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Series team
Corporal
Corporal
Series team

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:53 am

evo4x4 wrote:

By the way, no sugar just milk with the coffee :clown:

Keith youve changed it was always alcholic beverages with biscuits Guinness
Back to top Go down
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/S2A
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm

evo4x4 wrote:
More Penalty points for Car 18 - Reason: Pondering in a public place Breakdown Cover? 506702

Hey, that's not fair, I am always pondering, never come to any conclusions though. Ponders on pondering even when closeted in a private place whilst reading the paper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breakdown Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Cover?   Breakdown Cover? Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakdown Cover?
Page 1 of 1