Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Final Instructions etc

Go down 
+2
landie68rover
evo4x4
6 posters
AuthorMessage
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Final Instructions etc Empty
PostSubject: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:47 pm

The Final Instructions, Regulations, Itinerary and Scrutineering Checklist were sent to all the 2012 entants last night - a bit of a clue that the 16th June is approaching fast.

Hope all had some pleasant bedtime reading - and not too many nightmares affraid
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 am

Now our honourable organisers have sent us all paper work we are required to carry , I am having to reconsider the vehicle originally thought of. Maybe 101 forward control might be better just to carry the paper work.

Keith can we tow a trailer just for paper work, bearing in mind we have to cope with the French side of the paper work just for the Carte Europeene D'Assurance Maladie, plus translation for the scruteneers? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.lesmazettesgites.com
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 am

Final Instructions etc Dongfeng_EQ2100E6D_off_road_truck_6X6_truck

There you go - a solution Rolling Eyes alien With all this 'helpfulness' I fear I'm going a little soft!! pirat Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:52 am

I thought it was a 4x4 not 6x6 otherwise I would have entered this:

http://olive-drab.com/images/id_m3ht_4id_pettit_219_20051202_700.jpg Twisted Evil

but thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 am

Sorry Richard - The 6x6 is okay but not the half-track - Regulations refer - Page 284, Section 23, Para 18 (b) iv) has the details. Rolling Eyes

I feel your disappointment Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am

of course you do Keith Sad but what about all that paper work? I had to go out today and cut down half my wood just to make enough paper to print it all on, and then drain the oil out of swmbo's car to create the ink
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Evil or Very Mad Richard - You are totally assured that your organisers are hugely concerned with the amount of bureaucratic work you have had to do. Francais

As an offering of goodwill - we are renown for our compassion - Cuss we'll reduce your penalty points by 0.05. Rolling Eyes

I simply hope that others won't see this as a sign of weakness by the organisers and now jump on the bandwagon - they'll be disappointed! Fun
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

No problem Keith, I have the ultimate answer to all the paper work problems, a box of matches Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:36 am

landie68rover wrote:
a box of matches Twisted Evil

Perfect for setting light to some of that jap stuff if it gets cold overnight
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Mark Avo wrote:
landie68rover wrote:
a box of matches Twisted Evil

Perfect for setting light to some of that jap stuff if it gets cold overnight

The evenings in June can be quite cold Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 am

In short, the Japs are multi-functional; they don't break down and can also keep you warm at night clown scratch
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 am

evo4x4 wrote:
In short japs don't break down

I can introduce you to a number of Navara & L200 owners with very expensive engine rebuilds that may have a different opinion.
Of the 4 l200's that have been thru the village garages this year, 3 have needed full engine rebuilds.

And as for the transmission breathers on navaras....!
According to nissan they shouldnt be driven thru deep puddles! Nissan deny all knowledge of the tv advert showing them driving thru waves on the beach!!!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 am

How many green ovals have never had a problem ?
Or, put another way, how many green ovals have had expensive problems?

Probably about the same percentage as any other make, Jap, Jeep or otherwise.

I can show you a pile of LR transmissions, transfer boxes, front diffs etc... that have expired and several 2 and 300 TDI engines that decided water and oil belong on the outside.
Also a tricked up (expensively and professionally built) 90 that can't go out for a weekend of green laning without something going wrong.

My L200 has chewed it's way through a number of mechanical faults and failures (2 rear lockers, 1 front diff, 2 gearboxes and several prop u/js and front wheel bearings, a cracked cylinder head) ............ most due to the abuse it gets - or my lack of time before or after an outing.
Just thrown a crank bearing at 140+K (7 years old) - I thought it lasted quite well considering how much red mist appears in the cab from time to time.

The L200 club forum is full of horror stories about breakdowns, blown heads, snapped cranks etc... but it's a bit like any news media, only the bad news gets reported, no one ever reports of 200K without anything more than regular servicing.

But, I'm pleased to report that the NATO hitch on the rear has never let me down, even when pulling a green oval out of a bit of mud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Magpie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 am

evo4x4 wrote:
In short, the Japs are multi-functional; they don't break down and can also keep you warm at night clown scratch

That's what my colleague says and he should know - he's married to one Twisted Evil

Are you speaking from experience too Keith ??????? clown
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Nick,
I'd never say any 4x4 is reliable except maybe a landcruiser & even they have their faults.

It's just that of the 4 l200's that have been thru the trade locally this year, 3 have had to have new engines - a frightening stat in anyones book as they were all under 10 years old.

Of course anything that is used hard will need bits replacing, but these were all road use chelsea tractor types with reasonable mileages & it's put us off them in a big way.

Just to get my credentials on the table, I'm no dyed in the wool LR man. I started in an SJ & have had a few jap pickups, 6 more SJs & a Landcruiser & loved them all. The fact I have Landies now is probably because i can buy then cheap & fix them cheap, enjoy them for a while & hopefully come out on top. Parts are plentiful & cheap which helps.

If i could find another Datsun 720 King cab that wasnt rusted beyond salvation I'd have it. I really enjoyed my time with the last one untill the gearbox exploded on the north circular. Sadly trying to find cheap replacement parts was impossible & it had to go.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

One of the most annoying things about owning a Jap is the cost of parts, especially genuine Mits parts.
The L200 4D56 engines seem to have had 2 problems - heads cracking in 2003 models at around 40 - 50K (EGR cooler related in some cases), and crank bearings on some engines (we think this depends on which engine plant they came from). Seems to go in spates - mainly mileage related, but not always, depending on how well the servicing has been kept up.

There's a couple of guys across the yard from my unit and they have nothing but LRs and the kit they trick them up with costs a fraction of what it costs to do the same to mine. They can also build a "new" truck quickly and easily from a collection of parts and just bolt them together, more easily done than virtually any other make.

While I am one of the first to fuel the Lr vs Jap/Jeep "discussions" I do think there's a benefit in the methods of construction and adaptability. (There ....... said something in favour of L...La...Lan...Land...Landr... green ovals Sad)

Admin: +1000 penalty points, and continue abuse of Jap V LR will result in you being relegated to Car 40!
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Hmmmm

Virtual Check Points .........
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

nickburt wrote:
One of the most annoying things about owning a Jap is the cost of parts, especially genuine Mits parts.
The L200 4D56 engines seem to have had 2 problems - heads cracking in 2003 models at around 40 - 50K (EGR cooler related in some cases), and crank bearings on some engines (we think this depends on which engine plant they came from). Seems to go in spates - mainly mileage related, but not always, depending on how well the servicing has been kept up.

There's a couple of guys across the yard from my unit and they have nothing but LRs and the kit they trick them up with costs a fraction of what it costs to do the same to mine. They can also build a "new" truck quickly and easily from a collection of parts and just bolt them together, more easily done than virtually any other make.

While I am one of the first to fuel the Lr vs Jap/Jeep "discussions" I do think there's a benefit in the methods of construction and adaptability. (There ....... said something in favour of L...La...Lan...Land...Landr... green ovals Sad)

Admin: +1000 penalty points, and continue abuse of Jap V LR will result in you being relegated to Car 40!

I love the way Nick is mellowing.
Back to top Go down
landie68rover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
landie68rover

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:54 am

nickburt wrote:

What has Nick been drinking? cheers Headspin
Back to top Go down
Mark Avo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Mark Avo

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 am

Not mellowing, just agreeing that none of these wagons of ours are perfect.

Anyway, if we all agreed on everything we'd have nothing to moan about - Now where's the fun in that?

Dont worry about the point loss, I'l get you them back for a decent Pork & Apple with ginger relish Tebay pie....
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 am

Mellowing ........... never bounce
Drinking ........ not at this time of the day Suspect

Yup, them pies are the nuts ........ might have to pick up a couple in time for the Convoy meet next week - I pass Tebay twice a week.

But it would go against the grain to even think about bribing a marshall ...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:00 am

Nick has finally 'lost it' -I knew it would happen and reckon it's all been brought about by his longing for the 'Car 40' slot. affraid Easily arranged Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Instructions etc   Final Instructions etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Instructions etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: H4H 4x4 European Rally Forum :: Latest H4H Rally News/Updates-
Jump to: