Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled

Go down 
+3
nickburt
99claydond
evo4x4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 am

The 2012 LRM Show had been planned for 30th June/1st July. We return from the 2012 rally the evening of 30th June but were aware that some 2010 and 2011 crews had intended to fly the H4H 4x4 European Rally flag at the show.

The news I've received from LRM today is that the 2012 show has been cancelled. Current economic climate and poor bookings from traders are cited as factors. All sad as the LRM show was a great event.
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Very sad indeed! However they couldn't have picked a worse weekend! Middle of summer when the wind down hasn't even begun! Everyone is still working and the kids are still at school, summer holidays are always a win as more people have time on their hands and exhibitors are more likely to want to get rid of stock before the winter period!
I know quite a few traders that are not going due to the weekend it's on! If it ain't broke, don't fix it, let's hope 2013 brings LRM a more promising year! LRO are taking over the Landy world!
I know the indoor show isn't popular amongst the traders either, due to increased costs for traders.
Maybe we should do our own show!!
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Ha - We're still reeling from organising a one-off rally in 2010 where we were hoping for 20 cars and £20,000 for H4H! Laughing That seems to evolved into an annual affair, an almost full time job and a little more than the 'hoped for' £20,000 for the charity cheers

With rally entries already received for 2013 and 2014 my initital reaction to Mr C's idea is probably a 'No'! No Well a 'No' at the moment! But who knows what is ahead? Wink bounce
Back to top Go down
99claydond
Sergeant
Sergeant
99claydond

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 am

Haha! you have a few spare days between Bavaria and the UK.

i can see it in the Mags now - The Moselle Land Rover Show - incorporating the Nurburgring

cyclops

And hang on a minute, i've been told i cant apply for 2013 yet, i knew you were serious about me not being allowed Shocked
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 am

evo4x4 wrote:

Ha - We're still reeling from organising a one-off rally in 2010 where we were hoping for 20 cars and £20,000 for H4H! Laughing That seems to evolved into an annual affair, an almost full time job and a little more than the 'hoped for' £20,000 for the charity cheers

With rally entries already received for 2013 and 2014 my initital reaction to Mr C's idea is probably a 'No'! No Well a 'No' at the moment! But who knows what is ahead? Wink bounce

Could be quite a H4H fund raiser.

H4H 4x4 Show and Spares Day (Weeekend??).
Traders, arena displays, off road course, club displays, prizes for various categories, H4H celebrities etc... etc....

Back end of the summer holidays or Aug B/H.

Step up to the plate ............... Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Wal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Wal

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 am

That would be good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:49 am

99claydond wrote:

i can see it in the Mags now - The Moselle Land Rover Show - incorporating the Nurburgring

cyclops

And hang on a minute, i've been told i cant apply for 2013 yet, i knew you were serious about me not being allowed Shocked
Well volunteered matey!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 am

Skibum346 wrote:
99claydond wrote:

cyclops

Well volunteered matey!

A volunteer is worth ten pressed me!

Well done Dan Smile
Back to top Go down
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:13 pm

WE SHOULD DO OUR OWN SHOW - I have the venue = Surrey Capel , a great site with nice camping area and a great pub a short walk across the field , BBQ ,Trade stands 4x4 Autojumble ,Off Road Course the lot , just need more traders ,i'm going to contact all those that were going to Stoneleigh ( thats about 5 ) and add some more . The date 1 week before we go Sunday June 10th 2012 , all profits to yyyyyyyou guessed Help for Heroes, this has got to be a must
Back to top Go down
http://www.sussex4heroes.com/
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:08 am

Nick -10/10 idea but to put on a show under the Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally umbrella will take some considerable planning; we have some thoughts and it won't be this year.

We hugely support and endorse what you are doing re the Capel 4x4 Autojumble.

For clarity all invited to Capel 4x4 need to know that the Autojumble is being organised by one of the teams taking part in the H4H 4x4 European Rally; ie Sussex4Heroes and not us as rally organisers; and of course that the proceeds go to your Bmycharity a/c.

Your current website is fine as it says Sussex4Heroes.

Am sure you'll have a great w/e - if we can make it we will; but 6 days before the rally starts is a hectic time for us Ha.

Anyway, I thought Dan was organising one on the Moselle clown
Back to top Go down
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 am

Hectic Time -Received, to help out I've planned your 6 Days before the Rally:
Hope this is Helpful

Help for Heroes pre Rally Itinerary
Day 1 – Think about planning a Jolly/Rally across Europe
Day2- phone round some chums to bring along
Day3 – Sleep some and dream about a Rally
Day4- go to Tesco’s to Top up with some Beer and Diesel for the Rally
Day5- Sleep some more and dream about a Rally
Day6- Turn up for the Rally and tell everyone how Hectic it all was so they buy you lots of Beer on the Rally.
Wink Drunk
Back to top Go down
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 am

mmmmmmmmm, No reply from the organisers , they must be hectically busy working out how many extra bonus points to give me for my very helpful advice
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 am

how many extra bonus points to give me for my very helpful advice

We've awarded you some extra bonus points; but they're negative ones pirat clown

Mind you, you're not the only crew starting on negative points; at the moment Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
neil610
Sergeant
Sergeant
neil610

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 am

What!!! after all that really good advice, must have been a bad day , perhaps i will go and watch the Rugby i recorded earlier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled   LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled Empty

Back to top Go down

LRM Show Stoneleigh - Cancelled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: