Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Vehicle insurance.

Go down 
+9
Skibum346
General Confusion
richie
Alane
muddygirl
Chris
snow
tpb4x4
nickburt
13 posters
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:02 am

Am I right in thinking that normal European travel vehicle insurance is sufficient?
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:36 am

Yes - most policies now-a-days have a 'Green Card' printed on the back of the certificates, but best to check Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:19 pm

im not sure with mine, being 21 that it comes with european cover, think i have to pay more. .. my certificate just says I cant go on the Nuremberg ring
Back to top Go down
Chris
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 am

First post on the forum, but as a frequent visitor to mainland europe I am of the understanding that because of EU stuff then your insurer must provide you a minimum of 3rd party only by law in Europe (even on the Nurburgring) on any policy.

If the worse happens and you have to make a claim then your insurance must payout, however if you are doing something that they 'exclude' from the policy then they will take action against you personally to get these cost back. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:53 am

Just incase anybody is still sorting out their insurance...

I checked with my current insurers (Acadamy Insurance), and they won't cover us on the event as its a 'Rally' - even though I pointed out that it was not a speed event.

I tried Noel Dazly.... they were very nice and helpful but unfortunately couldn't cover the ambulance... Adran Flux couldn't help either but passed me on to HIC Insurance who were able to give me a quote just for the event. £64. Not ideal but at least I can get cover.... I was beginning to get a tad panic'd (Especially on the back of not being able to find my MOT. All ok now though; found it eventually. After turning the house upside down it turned up in the file where I keep my MOTs(?)
Back to top Go down
Alane
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Alane

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:48 am

I have exactly the same cover in Europe as I do in the UK, fully comp.

I've not bothered informing them of the event purely becuase you'll be speaking to someone in a telesales booth. Mention the word Rally and you open a big bad can of worms.

Tim has now given me his details so on Monday I'm just going to call my insurance Co. and tell them I'm going on holiday across Europe for 2 weeks and I want to add him as a named driver as he is sharing the driving.

Keep it simple with the insurance companies
Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:24 am

From rallying days, if anything happens, remove the numbers for sure,and all is covered then on normal policy.

But TBH , this is not a speed event, so , may be does need clarifying.
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:34 am

Noel Dazely have covered me for the event.
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:47 am

richie wrote:
From rallying days, if anything happens, remove the numbers for sure,and all is covered then on normal policy.

But TBH , this is not a speed event, so , may be does need clarifying.
I did exactly that with NFU... right up to head office but they still refused to cover.

Don't fancy gambling when it's all too easy for investigators to find out what we been up to. What happens if god forbid something happens and a third party is injured... your insurance refuses to cover... you get billed for the medical care and damages... how much is your house worth...?

But each to their own...

Me... I'm calling Noel Deazely in the morning!

Skibum
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:27 am

Weil i am surprised at adrian flux no covering you.
They have been and still are one of my sponsors.
If any concerns i can send ye the info of who to talk to.
They will actually donate £20 of any new policy taken oot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Yes - I was surprised too, as I've been insured before with AF without problem. I might look to renew my annual policy completely (I've a couple of months left on my current one) as it might be cheaper over all.

Sarah.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

This is not a 'rally' in the term of a motoring rally. It is a rally in the term of it being a 'gathering of like minded people' ie the common cause being the raising of money for H4H - and is no different to a caravan rally, or a rally for nuclear disarmament (where everyone walks!).

The event is a ‘non-speed touring assembly’ and similar to holidaying on the continent. One of our corporate sponsors is Noel Dazely Insurance Brokers – they know exactly what we are doing and there are no issues whatsoever re his policies.
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Tim, would you agree it's a holiday and in some respects a treasure hunt (working to clues on your route), both of which are covered on a standard NFU policy. The term "Rally" gets them all hot and bothered, something that might be worth thinking about when (if) arranging an event next year. "European Challenge" might well sit more comfortably with the average call-centre in-duh-vidual

Says the chap who spends half his time working in the Insurance business.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:14 am

from my earlier posting!! ringing up the insurers, they are cool with the rally, but as i didnt call it a rally more of a trip.... but got "green card" through with each country we are going to be in, but its just a list, was half hoping it would be green :-( and copy of certificate with all the drivers on it, so ill have both to hand if any issues!!
Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:32 am

Noel Dazely were certainly upbeat and positive when I mentioned the H4H event but it was a vehicle thing (ex-military ambulance) that was the problem, not the event in their case.

(If its an 'assembly' - will we be singing hymns?)
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:52 am

Not hymns but for sure;

Altogether now -

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever
Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:04 am

... you COULD be Nancy...
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4
Event Organiser
tpb4x4

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:39 am

muddygirl wrote:
... you COULD be Nancy...

Don't encourage him - Rolling Eyes Laughing Very Happy Mad
Back to top Go down
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Now I'm going to be singing this all day!!!! Thanks Keith! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://teamcobra.co.uk
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:22 pm

All should be ok today 'JJ'
Ive given him a double dose of his pills.
Phew, hope yer ok 'JJ' and no too traumatised...........

Hes a bugger, its an age thingy with him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Ha - JJ like me you could be one of the Nancy boys!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
jjakajmr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
jjakajmr

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://teamcobra.co.uk
Sponsored content

Vehicle insurance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle insurance.   Vehicle insurance. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicle insurance.
Page 1 of 1