Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Team Skibum - Plans affoot!

Go down 
+3
General Confusion
evo4x4
Skibum346
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

Team Skibum - Plans affoot! Empty
PostSubject: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 am

Right guys, some good news this week that offsets our current position close to the bottom of the Bmycharity fundraising league chart. Money will be with us shortly!

Firstly, Walthamstow College Operatic Society has been waving collecting tins on our behalf and so far have raised in excess of £300 yet to be banked.

Secondly, I have a Saturday booked in Coventry town centre where we'll be able to display the car and some imagery from the rally of 2010.

Finally and most exciting, Clarion Events have kindly provided a stand at the Destinations Show at the NEC! Initially a small stand but were hoping to be upgraded nearer the time onto one which will take the vehicle.

Hopefully all these things will help our grand total and assist in busting through the £121,70.49 the class of 2010 managed.

To those who may be feeling discouraged,...keep writing the emails, posting the letters and making the phone calls! Persistance pays!

Team Skibum
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks. Great news Frank and exactly the sort of post we enjoy reading; and it shows what can be done. A great motivational post. Ace

We know some are struggling on the fund-raising front and we are currently well adrift from breaking the 2010 figure.

For sure we won't break that figure without all 45 teams being busy and trying their best to raise those pennies; so take heed of Franks example. It can be done.

By the way, I'm delighted to hear about the Walthamstow College Operatic Society effort. No doubt if they hadn't have come up trumps you would have made make a song and dance about it and thrown your teddy away. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 am

Shocked
Mad
Rolling Eyes
pale

**Shakes head....**
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 am

Hark - I can hear the Walthamstow College Operatic Society;

Altogether now -

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever
cheers
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am

Oh No affraid Keefs singing again.

Come on folks, get out there and rattle those tins. If you don't raise enough money he'll never stop bloody singing Shocked

On a more serious note, don't be disheartened people. To a lot of people when you are fund raising, June seems a long way off and they won't commit this early.

Local pubs are a great source of fundraising as are street collections (outside supermarkets, in market squares etc) Also try you local brewery. We got tremendous support from McMullens last year.

My Grandson (10) even took a collection tin into school and came back with £25.

Leave no stone (or wallet ) unturned.

BTW Well done Frank cheers
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

Don't forget the corporate sponsors - you'd be surprised how many companies like to be associated with charity support.

As for the singing .............
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

For sure I get many requests about my singing....... Sing
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 am

evo4x4 wrote:
For sure I get many requests about my singing....... Sing

Yes. and most of them are to go away(or words to that effect) Laughing
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:23 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Altogether now;

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 am

Nice work guys.... good luck with the Town centre collection, we are going to into our local town again soon, I will be pimping Chris out in his number ones, the ladies love a man in uniform you know! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamrockape.co.uk
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:46 am

Dee Pacey wrote:
I will be pimping Chris out in his number ones, the ladies love a man in uniform you know! Shocked
Remember to take some wet wipes with you so you can clean him up between clients!

pale Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:23 am

Shocked WRONG idea of pimping out Frank! LOL, obviously a wrong choice of wording.... it's for the old dears you know.... they think a solder in number ones look so smart

http://www.teamrockape.co.uk/page4.php?view=preview&category=3&image=24 see example!
Seriously though, it's amazing the difference it can make when people see a soldier in their uniform, especially desert dpm, it reminds them (if they need a reminder) of what's happening, last year when we had troops with the Wimick outside Tesco, Chris had been to a funeral of a fellow rock just killed out in Afghan so he was in number 1's, we took circa £8K over two days ..... get down your local supermarket love, c'mon get your gear on you know what you have to do! he he he
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamrockape.co.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 am

Well said Dee. sunny
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am

Good news... Saisnburys Rugby is hosting uis for a day of can rattling... and are gonna try add another. They have seen some charities pull in £1000 a day!

Also, The Kings Arms (Best Western& & Dorchester Chamber of Commerce are arranging a black tie dinner for 150 at £50 a ticket with michelin star chef and entertainment. They are also hoping to include an action... so... few pennies to look forward to!

As I've said before.... keep the chins up and keep the letters going out. One thing that has helped me is listing the sponsor I've collected at the bottom of any emails/letters going out.

Good luck all!!!

Skibum
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 am

Great work there Frank - another fine example of getting out there. Ace sunny
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 am

Well guys... after three days of can rattling and schmoosing... we amassed the grand total of £495.21 (tried to addd a fiver to make the magic £500 but needed it for a foot massage!).

Not what I was hoping for but it oly just fell short of my lower target. All the regular stands nearby were complaining it was the smallest show and turnout they've ever seen... and by 3pm today the customers had all gone AWOL.

Got some good contacts for sponsorship though.. and a provisional promise (without prejudice etc etc) to talk about doing the London & Birmingham shows next year.

Right... next thing should be a day stood in Coventry town centre doing the same!

Keep at it people... we'll get to the target this year with a bit of effort.

Skibum & CaffConn
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Great effort guys. £495.21 is £495.21 more than was in your H4H pot on Friday - every penny counts. And not forgetting, future platforms and PR you've opened up. Ace and mega thanks to both of you.
Back to top Go down
Darren
Private
Private
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 am

Looking Good, I have just had confirmation from Sainsbury Brookwood for the 4th/5th June, and Tesco Aldershot 29th/30th April for that good old tin rattling. Very Happy cheers Very Happy cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:56 am

Ace news Darren. Well done on pushing for that. Go shake those tins cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

A little tip I found really helpful... have a big bowl of boiled sweets to hand and offer one to those who donate. It went down really well with all of my cash cows!

Had a stock of bananas for all those who said no thanks diabetic... they were REALLY pleased!

The point is... some of them stopped and gave more cash as a result.

Remember to engage with people without asking for cash. Say hello with a smile, make a joke, make their time fun as they pass and it takes the pressure off them. Happy people are giving people... besides which... while you engage them... your gang of young urchins can fleece them in safety to boost your profit..!

cheers

"In this life, one thing counts:
In the bank, large amounts!
I'm afraid these don't grow on trees,
You've got to pick a pocket or two.
You've got to pick a pocket or two, boys,
You've got to pick a pocket or twooooooooo!"
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am

Oh No!!!! Not more singing affraid

On a more serious note, well done Frank and Caff. (You did forget to mention Caff's engaging smile Wink )

Nice to see the money coming in again. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 am

Great advice Frank Smile

But you have breached my singing copyright; this could incur even more penalties to the ones you've already acrued! As a little reminder, wait for it, wait for it - altogether now;

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 am

Look what you've done now Frank affraid

Last edited by General Confusion on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 am

We need to get some sort of filtering system on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 am

Sorry Nick. Have I offended you?

Post now changed. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Skibum - Plans affoot!   Team Skibum - Plans affoot! Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Skibum - Plans affoot!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next