Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

2011 fuel prices & costs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

2011 fuel prices & costs Empty
PostSubject: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

Last year, we covered around 3500 miles, home to home (Wallasey).

We spent £760 on 700 litres of deisel. That equates to an average cost of £1.09 per litre. Cost in the UK was £1.18.

Fuel in the UK is around £1.32 per litre at the moment, and in Europe around 25p per litre (average) less (except Luxemburg which is about 35p cheaper).

So, at the moment, the same trip would cost around 10% more, roughly, i.e. £836.

If UK prices go up to £1.40 per litre by the summer (as some predict) and Europe follows the same trend, then the cost will be up by 15%, i.e. £874.

Having said that, it depends on which statistics and prediction websites you look at. One even predicted UK deisel prices hitting £1.50 by the summer, but some others reckon there's going to be a serious price crash (per barrel down to $25 from a current $96) - not that that gurantees a pump price crash of the same proportions.

So who knows Question

Last year we budgeted on spending around £800 on fuel - think that's the figure we'll use again this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:51 am

Nick, You may not spend as much this year. You have the advantage, that having done it last year, you will have some idea of where you're going and not be too mislead by the Tulips lol!

ps Landy6 rule ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 am

tonic wrote:
Nick, You may not spend as much this year. You have the advantage, that having done it last year, you will have some idea of where you're going and not be too mislead by the Tulips lol!

ps Landy6 rule ! Very Happy

Hmmmm ..... I think we were fortunate and didn't really go far wrong, we only back tracked once for about 10 miles on one of the last stages Rolling Eyes

Not sure about your last statement though bounce
Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Nick, these costs go up the more of the green oval things we tow around, so, do we charge for a tow ?

The beauty about being course car is, we have been and gone by the time you lot get there, so we miss all them tows !!!!

But be aware, we still have the SC (secret check) boards, so may pop up here and there. And just because you see us parked up, doesn't mean we are a SC as some found out last year, we do stop for a coffee every so often !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 pm

[i] you will have some idea of where you're going and not be too mislead by the Tulips [i]

Tony - Me thinks you are giving the Burt family far too much credit. Me thinks they had no idea where they were going nor where they have been! Fun and yes they will still be misled by the Tulips OO::

If they try to use their 2010 track that should be fun (for them Ha) and they won't see the new routes we've put in!

But of course, as you would expect Tony, from the kindly event organisers the new parts will very simple and straight forward as we're not the types to cause any mischief Headspin
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Richie - What's all this about you having a coffee? Didn't know you had any time for that bounce
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 am

richie wrote:
Nick, these costs go up the more of the green oval things we tow around, so, do we charge for a tow ?

Richie - I'll not worry about the extra cost, just settle for the pleasure of fitting a couple of these each time ...
2011 fuel prices & costs Land_rover

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 am

evo4x4 wrote:

[i] you will have some idea of where you're going and not be too mislead by the Tulips [i]

Tony - Me thinks you are giving the Burt family far too much credit. Me thinks they had no idea where they were going nor where they have been! Fun and yes they will still be misled by the Tulips OO::

If they try to use their 2010 track that should be fun (for them Ha) and they won't see the new routes we've put in!

But of course, as you would expect Tony, from the kindly event organisers the new parts will very simple and straight forward as we're not the types to cause any mischief Headspin

The organisers obviously haven't found the hidden tracking devices, nor the hidden spy cams in their route planning rooms Twisted Evil

Mischief, mischief, who said the organisers get up to any miscief bom
Back to top Go down
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:09 am

Nick,
you're suggesting there was planning involved! Laughing By the number of vehicles (including me) that I saw going in all directions, I thought that it was a case of each morning the organisers saying "where shall we send them and how do we confuse them !"

Keith, seriously the event was superbly planned, just a pity that some of us wern't able to understand the very simple,straightforward and precise and clear directions lol! (but there again I blame whoever I was following at the time cheers ). I am sure the class of 2011 will have no such problems and will be arriving at Richie's checkpoints before he gets there, bearing in mind the number of coffee stops.
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 am

Ah, so maybe the principal was to throw all the tulips in the air and print them off in whatever order they landed in Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Damn - the truth had surfaced pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 fuel prices & costs   2011 fuel prices & costs Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 fuel prices & costs
Page 1 of 1