Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

i have had to drop out

Go down 
+4
chopper_gray
nickburt
richie
Horses45
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Horses45
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Horses45

i have had to drop out Empty
PostSubject: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Well the worst case has happened on an off roading weekend i managed to do major damage to the truck resulting in me not haveing one for the rally i was so gutted.i was able to leave it to get recovered off the rac by the time it had someone had decided to break most the windows batter the bodywork and really manage to do an all round good job of spoiling my rally chances.to say i was gutted would be an understatment i even tried to look at getting a cheep replacment truck for it but to no avail.well all i can say is im totally gutted and was looking forwrd as was andy to meeting yous when we did the rally but i hope if it's on next year i can get another truck sorted and be doing this with yous in 2012.but for now good luck everyone and i will be watching andsupporting you all in the cracking de our doing. thanks everyone from Rob and Andy.
Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:44 pm

I know of a possible replacement Frontera (see I can say that word, it's the La, Lan La L one I can't) it's in Bolton, V6, auto and in fine shape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Sorry to hear you news, will keep an eye out for a cheap, reliable motor that may suit.

It's not over yet !! There's a lot of resource and help at hand on here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
chopper_gray
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
chopper_gray

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 pm

If your interested I have three series three's and an ex army 110 for sale at the moment. Depending on your budget. The 110 could be even loaned on a you bend it you mend it scenario.
Back to top Go down
http://surplusandsafety.com
joe90
Private
Private
joe90

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:21 am

Tough luck Rob and Andy. The thing that amazes me is the spotaneouse response from would be rallyers. You guys are unique in this day and age, this is comradeship in it's good old fashioned sense, I have only experienced this level of camaraderie in the forces and I am delighted to see it flourishing here. Keep it up lads you are a dying breed. Look forward to meeting you all!!! Allan Flag02
Back to top Go down
Horses45
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Horses45

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:59 am

thanks for all your offers people but what i didnt mention was that we went from a 2 car family to none in one day first was the off roader then the engine in the family car on the same day coming to help me but to be totally honest i need to get myself a car for work as public transport just wont work as it does not start early enough.so good luck and i will still be out thier supporting you in this and with luck next year we should be up and running again for the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Robert, really sorry to hear what happened, don't give up just yet though, once you have sorted a family car out keep your eyes peeled you never know..... we had a dilema with our truck last year and with donations from various places and blood, sweat and tears from Smiler he rebuilt our car 8 weeks prior to setting off Very Happy take a look at www.teamrockape.co.uk

Good luck

Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamrockape.co.uk
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:54 am

Dee Pacey wrote:
Robert, really sorry to hear what happened, don't give up just yet though, once you have sorted a family car out keep your eyes peeled you never know..... we had a dilema with our truck last year and with donations from various places and blood, sweat and tears from Smiler he rebuilt our car 8 weeks prior to setting off Very Happy take a look at www.teamrockape.co.uk

Good luck

Dee

A dilema... followed by a drama you mean!!!!

**LOL**
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 am

But in the true spirit of the event, such dilemas and dramas can be overcome.

Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 am

what new engine.... drama?? Drive easy peasy Shocked ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 am

Did I miss out on something? I can't recall any Car 12 issues last year!!! Rolling Eyes

Robert - Wow; you've had an amazing response from the H4H rally clan but per your email I can see that it's a no no for you for 2011. But for sure keep in touch. I'll keep you in the email loop and get in early for 2012 - I have little doubt we'll be doing something then as well.

On the other hand you've made a LR owner happy - Car 32 is a Defender 90.

Car 6 is now the only Frontera; I'm sure you wish them well.

Re you other guys and kind offers - amazing but not surprising; you lot are special indeed. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dee Pacey
Corporal
Corporal
Dee Pacey

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:18 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i have had to drop out   i have had to drop out Empty

Back to top Go down

i have had to drop out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: