Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

help me (TONY AA)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 am

i drive a 300tdi defender and its been overheating with a thermosat in place, but once removed the cars ok, just runs cold, or just under half way

now ive Just tested my old thermosat and it opens so thats not broken!!

does any one know how i can tell if the water pump is working or not? I have no strange noises coming from anywhere so i cant hear that its not working!!!

or could it simply be that i need to bleed the system because of and air lock or something??!?

Cheers

Harry
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Def one for Tony. Hope you get it sorted Harry - particularly with this weather hanging around rendeer
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 am

With the thermostat out and the engine running at 1000 to 1500 rpm, you should be able to see a water flow in the rad. (Don't take the cap off when it's hot !!!!!!!!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
snow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
snow

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:28 am

all sorted, just the sender unit lol
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:11 am

Glad it was an easy fix.
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:14 am

Good to see the Japs offering kind advice to an LR owner. What a Face More importantly - glad it's fixed Harry sunny
Back to top Go down
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 am

Sorry just got back from Kent and Essex where I was posted for a few days. with all that snow about there were reports of lot of stuck jap 4x4's Twisted Evil Been rushed off our feet the last few days for some reason Question
Glad to hear you have found it.
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 pm

there were reports of lot of stuck jap 4x4's

Ha! That's what I like to see; after a difficult and busy week the AA still has a sense of humour. clown Ace. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 am

evo4x4 wrote:
there were reports of lot of stuck jap 4x4's

Ha! That's what I like to see; after a difficult and A VERY VERY VERY busy week the AA still has a sense of humour. clown Ace. Rolling Eyes
Looking forward to a day off on Sunday after 17 on the trot(used days off to be out playing in the Landrover and be paid Wink )
Dont get me started on peoples driving skills though Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help me (TONY AA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me (TONY AA)   help me (TONY AA) Empty

Back to top Go down

help me (TONY AA)
Page 1 of 1