Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!

Go down 
+4
Sandy
Skibum346
m109a3uk
nickburt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Yea,

Time to 'fess up ........ the L200 is poorly.
Wishbone bushes, track rod ends, and using water (suspect head gasket).

But worst of all, the bottom pulley bolt has worked loose (serves me right - another storey behind why Embarassed ) and let the pulleys move, damaging the key way in the crankshaft.

Rebuild time.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.l200.org.uk
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Are they just like a Landrover where you can get parts for next to nothing and fix in a day Twisted Evil
Just kidding Nick hope you get it sorted quickly and cheaply.
All the best
Tony
Back to top Go down
Skibum346
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skibum346

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:18 pm

nickburt wrote:
Yea,

But worst of all, the bottom pulley bolt has worked loose (serves me right - another storey behind why Embarassed ) and let the pulleys move, damaging the key way in the crankshaft.

Rebuild time.

**Maintains a diplomatic silence...** Neutral Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamskibum.com
Sandy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Skibum346 wrote:
nickburt wrote:
Yea,

Rebuild time.

**Maintains a diplomatic silence...** Neutral Neutral Neutral

Diplomatic silence continuing in this location too..... (with the slightest hint of a wry smile)
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Nick -Deep down the LR guys are gutted for you. Trust me - would I tell a lie! Rolling Eyes

Hope all gets fiixed okay
Back to top Go down
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 am

Nick, to add to your woes I'm afraid you owe me a new screen and keyboard as these one seem to be covered in spit and cider right at this moment. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
m109a3uk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
m109a3uk

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:44 pm

NoDo$h wrote:
Nick, to add to your woes I'm afraid you owe me a new screen and keyboard as these one seem to be covered in spit and cider right at this moment. Laughing

Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
evo4x4
Event Organiser
evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 am

Nick - Don't worry about the LR gang; it's simply jealousy that's surfacing with them. Mad
Back to top Go down
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Horses45
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Horses45

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 am

well hope you get it sorted quickly and cheeply
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 am

How many of the LR gang can say they made it all the way round the 2010 event and a further 6 months driving with breaking down.

Not many I'll bet Laughing

Hope you get it sorted Nick
Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
nickburt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
nickburt

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 am

Hmm .... it's done over 110,000 miles and had a hard time of quite a bit of it, so I guess I should count myself lucky it hasn't cost me much in the 5 years I've had it.

Toss up now between a rebuild or a new engine. I'm tempted to a new engine just for peace of mind (and time saving) and hopefully another 100,000 odd miles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!   Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for the LR boys to get their own back !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: This Section is for General Discussions, Banter, Questions, Queries, etc...-
Jump to: