Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official YouTube PageOfficial YouTube Page  Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Twitter!  Like us on FACEBOOK!Like us on FACEBOOK!  Follow us on InstagramFollow us on Instagram  Click Here for Official WebsiteClick Here for Official Website  

Thank you

Go down 
+9
widget
General Confusion
Gin (best part of tonic)
richie
MumBo
muddygirl
RustyMed
tonic
Midnight
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnight
Corporal
Corporal
Midnight

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:01 am

Now that we've had a few days to get back into the swing of things and to reflect on the past couple of weeks I wanted to say a big, big thank you to everyone,especially Teef and Kim:-)

Taking part in a Euro rally was something very new to us and we didn't know what to expect.We went into it blindly.
Neil's done a fair amount of off-roading before and we've also done a lot of camping but we've never done a rally or driven across Europe before.We thought we were prepared...but it turned out we weren't as prepared as we'd thought!

We had problems with our satnav and came without one,taking Keith's words literally " satnav with Euro maps not necessary but recommend" (or something like that),we thought we might be OK,well we had tulips right?lol.
Oh,how I wish we'd taken the 'recommended' part more seriously!
I've never navigated anywhere so I don't think I did too badly considering:-)

It took us 2 or 3 days to settle into a routine and to get used to the whole rally thing,driving every day,setting up and packing down camp etc but we got there.There was a moment where I wondered what on earth we were doing taking part in a Euro rally with two kids in tow,one with ADHD,no satnav,a rubbish navigator and no idea ...but you know,if you don't try you never know what you can achieve.

We hit an all-time low on the Tuesday ( the longest day) when we got lost on France,158 miles extra miles and 16 hours stuck in the car,we turned up at camp at Midnight but that was the lowest point and once we'd gotten over it things seemed much easier and more copeable.The next day someone very kindly offered to lend us their spare satnav which we were really grateful for so thank you so much to J.B and Dominic.It's true,when you are down there's always someone there to offer you a hand back up:-)

Our eldest son Kalon especially loved all the museums and the off-roading.He is very interested in WW2 so I knew this would be right up his street.
I think the highlight of the rally for Nelson,our youngest son, was getting a lift in the back of Team 32's L200!! hehe,love it:-)
Thank you DSC05800
Oh and wining the kinder egg challenge cheers with his unique way of karate chopping it.

We have seen some of the most beautiful scenery,some of the saddest places ( Dachau concentration camp),met some wonderful people and had some excellent times.It was the journey of a lifetime for sure.

Now that we are home,washing done,camping stuff put away,car cleaned inside and out,it's almost like it never happened but we have the photo's to remind us...and the bent exhaust,slipping clutch and the bruises also.

The meal and award ceremony at the end was just fantastic.It was a way of getting everyone together,talking about our experiences and really creating a 'band of brothers' amongst us.In a way it's a shame it didn't happen sooner because many of us really got talking and having a great time together but I think we needed that experience to start with as a base for us all to bond.

In many ways,I wish we were still there,with everyone,with our tents and army ration meals,our canopies fixed to trees,our map books and our 'get out of jail' ration map envelopes,the challenges and questionnaires.Life seems somewhat dull in comparison now.

I still find it quite unbelievable the amount of work Keith and Tim put into this,so much organising,arranging,planning and careful thought.Right down to minute details,all those maps,envelopes,entrance to museums,campsites,it must have been a mammoth task and you guys did it all for H4H.The amount of work that went into the rally seems bigger than the mountains in which the 'Eagle's Nest' is situated and the more the rally unfolded,the clearer it became just how much work had gone into it.Everything was perfect.Thank you so much.

Also,special thanks to Rhiannon.I'm so glad to have met you.I don't think the rally would have been quite the same without you there.You made it that little bit better:-)

I hope everyone keeps in touch now.I know I've made lots of new friends because of the rally,because of Keith and Tim and the experience you've given us will be cherished forever.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tourettefriends.org.uk
tonic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tonic

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:33 am

We both agree with all of your sentiments.Amazing experience and reading your words has 'choked' us both. Could not have put it better ,really was an awesome experience. Thanks everybody and thank you for finding the words to express all our feelings
Tony & Nicky Thx
Back to top Go down
RustyMed
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
RustyMed

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 am

You've said it all.

Thank you

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.muck-n-malarkey.webeden.co.uk/
Midnight
Corporal
Corporal
Midnight

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 am

Aww,thanks guys:-)
...and there was me worrying I'd make you all puke with my post there,hehe.

Group hugs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourettefriends.org.uk
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am

It was the most lovely post Jo, and I would only echo that you've summed it up perfectly. I'd happily press a button to be right back there on the road again with everybody. Such a great group of travelling companions that we felt so comfortable to be with and such a great trip.

Class of 2010? - Awsome cheers
Back to top Go down
MumBo
Private
Private
MumBo

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: This is strange !!!!   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:37 am

Not sure what I am doing.... where I am, or who I am.... never been on the forum before, so need a little help to say the least, that's what happens when you reach a certain age !!! I want to thank every one, especially Jo (bless your heart sweetheart...and those that commented from hers) for the wonderful comments that Keith has just shown me on here, the three of us are touched, I had a tearful moment !! We're so pleased you enjoyed most of the rally, I remember Keith and Tim coming back from the recci and saying, " We're sure everyone will enjoy this, as it's so beautiful over there, and we felt much closer to the soldiers, after seeing the 'Band of Brothers' and doing the same route ,we hope everyone will feel the same" Thank you for carrying on until the very end, with us , through good and bad days, you all did brilliantly, well done !!!!
Love Mumbo(wen)
Back to top Go down
MumBo
Private
Private
MumBo

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 am

YEAH GROUP HUGS TO YOU ALL Newbie Icon Landy
Back to top Go down
richie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
richie

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:56 am

MumBo

Croseo Cariad

Now o a 'John Wayne' Very Happy Very Happy affraid Icon Mitsu
Back to top Go down
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk
MumBo
Private
Private
MumBo

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am

The number of people in the surgery that I've said " Now..do a John Wayne" are growing by the minute :ban: OO:: haha!!! Hugs x
Back to top Go down
Gin (best part of tonic)
Private
Private

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:41 am

Tony could not remember the password, so I couldn't log in. Got fed up with running back and forth, so here I am. Nicola has arrived.
By the way, thankyou everyone so much, was a fantastic experience, just wish we were all still there. Everyday life just seems to fade into insignificance after some of the things we have seen. Will hold onto this forever, Big hugs to everyone, not forgetting our heroes.
Back to top Go down
General Confusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
General Confusion

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 am

Jo has hit the nail right on the head.

I've been driving every day back at work (sometimes two or three hundred miles a day) and it ain't nowhere near as much fun.

Back to top Go down
http://teamwickes.webs.com
widget
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:59 am

I agree - and would echo the sentiments about the amazing hard work that went into the organisation. A real labour of love and wow, what an adventure!!

We met so many wonderful, brilliant and friendly people. I felt a bit lost when we got back - after so much activity and fun it felt like a major anti-climax once I'd caught up on my sleep.

When I spoke to you on the Wednesday afternoon at the campsite Jo, I just felt gutted for you all. We'd found the drive to Holland draining, despite only being two-up and in the comparative comfort of the D4. The lend of a satnav was the least we could do, we just didn't want you to pack it in and go home as these things have a tendency of turning out well in the end.Very Happy

I'm still in a bind writing 15,000 words travelogue about our experience on the event - but this forum and the pictures on facebook are a great way of recalling it in detail.

I'm generally not a sentimentalist - but I look forward to saying hello and raising a glass to the class of 2010 when we meet up at Stoneleigh at the LR Max show. I think that we can show the prospective class of 2011 what an ace time we had, and spur them on top step up to the plate and raise another 100k to support H4H.

Top job - all the best
JB

PS - after much searching I found Bill's good side!
Thank you 4751389495_8d90278bec
Back to top Go down
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 am

Thanx JB.
Here thats no a bad fotae reet enough.

Last edited by BOFA Bill on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
NoDo$h
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
NoDo$h

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 am

Printed and sent to Bavaria with a set of darts Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamgoatriders.co.uk
BOFA Bill
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
BOFA Bill

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:36 am

Gurrrrr

Riggerr wills
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
discobasher
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
discobasher

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 am

We did have a real tough day on the Tuesday but we stuck it out and got through to the end with our new found navigating skills. There are testing times in everyday life but being lost in France with no sat-nav and 2 bored kids was one of the worst driving days of my life but, we came away with new skills and beaming smiles on our faces. What a fantastic trip. A truley life changing experience for me. I have often said I would like to take my landy into Europe and do a bit of exploring and now with the experience of the rally I feel equiped to do just that (with a bloody sat-nav of course). I think the organisation of the event was a monumental effort by Keith and Tim, especially the timings of the various museums and offroad courses and I take my hat off to you both!
I am sure everybody will join me in saying CONGRATULATIONS for succesfully planning a trip of a lifetime for us all and your part in raising over £100,000 for HELP FOR HEROES. cheers
You really do deserve a lot of credit for this acheivement because without your time effort and patience this trip would never have happened and this sum would never have been raised.
Back to top Go down
Leonberger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Leonberger

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 am

Fantastic words from you Jo . It made our day reading them , so much so i have read it 5 times already and each time it makes me feal that i want us all to be together again on the road again . If i had my way and i had the money . I would have taken all of Our H4H Band of Brothers and Sisters around the world and some . I know that i didnt want to stop , i got the wonderlust spirit in me wanting more and more I cant say enough about you all to everyone that asks what was it like .
So many mini adventures and mishaps and most of all laughs along the way ..

Cant wait to see you all at the LR show ..

I feal that ive woken up again after putting my Godfather to rest today , I was in a dark place but as always after doing some reading here you all have put a smile back onto my face from where it was once lost ..

Thank you to you all . And as always missed .

Hugs and cheers to our next adventures

Roland Beth and the Muddyfrog ..

Back to top Go down
muddygirl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 am

Heartfelt hugs to you and Beth.
Sorry you've had a sad tme - but glad you're smiling again. (really, we're all just a mouse click away...)

Looking forward to seeing you soooooooon Very Happy

xxx

M&M.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thank you Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you   Thank you Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PREVIOUS H4H 4X4 EUROPEAN RALLIES :: Feedback from Previous H4H 4x4 Rallies-
Jump to: